P*HEASANTS *FOREVER AND Q*UAIL *FOREVER
The Habitat Organization
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Wisconsin R3 & Outreach Coordinator*
Application Deadline: *7/14/2022
- Location: *Work from home (prefer close to Madison, WI)
Anticipated Start Date*: July-August 2022
The Wisconsin R3 & Outreach Coordinator will work closely with PF Chapters, Wisconsin DNR, and other partner groups to deliver hunting and sport shooting R3 programs and other education and outreach events throughout Wisconsin. This effort is intended to broaden the scope of their events to include non-traditional audiences that are new to hunting. This position will be full time, based from a home office, and can expect weekend events and extensive in-state travel.
Since its founding in 1982, PF has been a leader in habitat conservation and promoting our hunting heritage. Wisconsin is home to 31 Chapters that work to implement several national initiatives such as; Path to the Uplands, No Child Left Indoors, and Women on the Wing. They also coordinate on habitat projects from Pollinator Habitat Program and Adopt A Wildlife Area Program. Additionally, PF employs a Regional Representative to assist Chapters with events, 12 field staff that work with private landowners to provide land management guidance, and a State Coordinator to supervise field staff and coordinate partnerships.
- Plan, develop, market, coordinate, and deliver R3 educational activities and programs; through direct program implementation but also through coordination and facilitation of PF Chapters and R3 partners.
- The R3/Outreach Coordinator will use and expand upon PFs national initiatives such as Path to the Uplands and Women on the Wing.
- The Coordinator will also build on Wisconsin DNR programs such as Learn to Hunt and Learn to Fish as well as virtual program creation.
- Help conduct analysis and identify pathways to connect and coordinate existing R3, shooting sports, and other related outdoor skills programs in Wisconsin.
- Track and evaluate program results to determine program effectiveness in recruiting and retaining participants in the outdoors.
- Promote Chapter engagement with other PF education and outreach programs.
- Coordinate general outreach and communication material for Wisconsin Pheasants Forever.
- Travel will be required, mileage is reimbursed at government rates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*:
- Knowledge of gun use and gun safety; background check will be required
- Hunter Safety Instructor Training is preferred
- Knowledge of basic wildlife ecology and habitat needs
- Proficient/knowledgeable about upland, waterfowl, big game, and small game hunting strategies and techniques
- Knowledge of applicable hunting regulations
- Ability to learn a variety of established programs; but creative enough to expand and modify upon these
- Willingness to teach skills-based programs to primarily adults and be patient through the process
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele
- Strong commitment to quality customer service with volunteers and participants
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient project mgmt. and administration with coordination, facilitation, and team building skills
- Strong planning, budget mgmt., and reporting skills
- Valid driver’s license required; use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided)
Training and Experience Guideline*: A minimum qualification for this position is a High School diploma; a Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on human dimensions/social science, marketing, natural resources, or business management is preferred. Experience teaching hunting and gun safety skills is helpful. Related practical experience related to many of the KSAs above is expected. The position will receive training on the Pheasants Forever, Wisconsin DNR, and other local and state programs.
Starting Salary*: $40,000-$50,000 plus paid time off, 401k (5% match), health benefits.
Contact*: Marty Moses, Wisconsin State Coordinator at (608) 712-8625.
To Apply*: Please combine your cover letter, resume, and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file before clicking on the blue APPLY icon at the bottom or upper right corner and uploading to the “Resume” area of your application. For a complete list of current job openings, visit our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs (company benefits are also available to view here).
Pheasants Forever, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year