Job descriptionOverview: Join us for our onsite career fair at Kemin on Wednesday, June 8th! 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM 1900 Scott Ave, Des Moines, IA 50317
Full Time and Summer job opportunities available!
Now seeking full time and summer individuals who are motivated and dedicated to join our Des Moines campus! Kemin's production team is one of the best! Our team prides itself on the ability to operate efficiently and effectively, maximizing production while at all times maintaining a safe work environment.
Working alongside a team committed to creating a quality product within a servant leadership culture, you'll experience...
- Hourly pay + Annual Bonus
- On-the-Job Paid Training
- Rotating Work Schedules - Overnight Shift
- Stability and Growth
- Safe, Clean Environment
- Health Benefits Effective Immediately
- $3,000 sign on bonus for full time employees
We Are Kemin: We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us. We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century. Committed to feed and food safety, Kemin maintains top-of-the-line manufacturing facilities where over 500 specialty ingredients are made for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition, beauty and textile markets. We provide product solutions and options to customers in more than 120 countries.
A privately held, family-owned and operated company, Kemin has more than 2,800 global employees and operates in 90 countries including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Continued learning opportunities- Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career.
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators- Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor's Stem Advisory Council where we fund annual teacher's awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program, and frequently host student tours.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Complete department sanitation duties.
- Report all equipment issues to supervisor and / or maintenance.
- Pack and /or assemble product ingredients.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure product specifications are met.
- Operate machinery and work in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Operate various types of heavy equipment that may include but not limited to a forklift.
- Troubleshoot automated equipment and other equipment issues.
- Use computers for daily work activities.
- Minimum education required: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2+ of related experience in Manufacturing or Production preferred; demonstrated potential will be considered
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to: Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Safety Glasses, Respirator, and Hearing Protection.
Kemin is an equal opportunity employer, and all reasonable accommodation will be considered.
A post-offer background check and drug screen is required. Additional pre-employment requirements may be necessary based on position.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
ARS North Remote $140,000 - $190,000 a year EmployerActive 13 days ago
Domino's Franchise Rio Rancho, NM 87144 11 days ago
The Hire Method LLC Remote in Pennsylvania+21 locations From $85,000 a year Hiring ongoing