Job descriptionOverview: Oak Grove Animal Hospital has an opportunity for a Receptionist to join our team!
Location: 19035 Lake George Blvd, Oak Grove, MN 55303
Schedule Details: Full-time position (30-37 hours/week) working 3-4 weekdays and rotating Sat (typically 1 shift/mo) Weekday schedule includes 10-hour shifts and half shift on Saturdays around business hours Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:30pm, Sat 7:30am-12pm
Compensation: $18 / hour starting based on experience
Desired Experience: Customer service background and basic math skills required Receptionist, administrative, or veterinary experience preferred
Benefits We Offer: Yearly uniform allowance Discount on veterinary care and products for your furry family members 401k retirement plan options with company match for all staff over 21 years old Medical, vision, and dental insurance options for full-time staff Paid time off and paid major holidays for full-time staff Life insurance and other benefit options available for full-time staff
Job Summary: The Receptionist is the first and last contact that a client will have with the hospital and a key to creating first and lasting impressions. The Receptionist must have exceptional client service and communication skills, computer literacy, ability to handle payment and financial issues, ability to multi-task, a friendly attitude and confidence to deal with stressful situations. The Receptionist will support veterinarians, technicians, veterinary assistants, groomers and kennel staff in daily patient and client care. Responsibilities: How you'll make an impact:
- Maintain and uphold the Core Values and Mission Statement of MVP.
- Greet clients and pets by name with a smile and a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Answer phones promptly and professionally using a multi-line phone system; answering client inquiries about basic animal care and routine procedures, questions about veterinary services and products, and provide knowledgeable advice about wellness, prevention, and diseases.
- Schedule appointments and surgeries according hospital scheduling guidelines.
- Enter accurate charges and collect payment when services are rendered; including cash, credit cards, and checks
- Maintaining client and patient medical records and use of practice management software system.
- Computer knowledge required- keyboarding and use of communication tools (e-mail/internet).
- Once trained, must understand working knowledge of veterinary terminology- must be able to pronounce, spell, and know the meaning.
- Must have excellent spelling and grammar.
- Ability to handle varied and sometimes difficult conditions; will be exposed to highly emotional situations.
- Ability to display tact and respect with clients and team members, even when busy or hectic.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a confident, calm, and professional manner with clients and staff when situations are stressful and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Must feel and express a genuine liking for animals and their owners and for working in an animal care field.
- Must be in the process of obtaining or have attained a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
We put people first and never compromise on our values. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees .
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Viking Cruises US United States $70,000 - $150,000 a year 1 day ago
Approved Freight Forwarders La Puente, CA 91746 $20 - $22 an hour 1 day ago
Sanford Federal,Inc. Tampa, FL 33613 $23 - $24 an hour 23 days ago
Community Options, Inc. Grand Forks, ND 58201 $15.50 - $17.00 an hour 3 days ago
Staffmark Corona, CA 92878 $20 - $23 an hour 6 days ago