Who we are: Headquartered in Toronto and with team members across the US, Open Farm is one of the fastest growing CPG companies in North America. We are transforming the way people feed their pets, with a focus on producing premium, healthy food, and treats, all ethically sourced from farm-to-bowl. We believe the best foods are made with consciously sourced, top quality ingredients from farmers and fisheries who believe in doing good for all animals and the environment.
The Role: *In our accelerated growth journey and mission to Do Some Good for animals and the planet, we are looking for an exceptional, innovative, and mission-driven Territory Sales Manager to help us continue to build a globally trusted and loved brand. Reporting into the Regional Sales Director, the ideal candidate will be an expert at building quality relationships, a sales aficionado, dedicated to driving growth for their customers and a passionate advocate for all things Open Farm. Past experience in the pet industry and and/or as a Territory Sales Manager is a plus!
Note: This role will require working on the weekends and evenings at times, as well as travel. You must have a valid driver’s license to be considered.
Primary Responsibilities (If this looks enticing, click “Apply”!)
- Establish, develop, grow and maintain relationships with prospective customers to introduce them to Open Farm products
- Regularly visit and phone prospective and existing customers for ongoing sales and support
- Provide in-person and phone sales training to retailers to help educate them on the features and benefits of the products
- Develop, maintain and execute on territory sales target list
- Liaise with the sales representatives of our distributors to establish and service accounts
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to our distributor's sales representatives
- Assist retailers with merchandising, purchasing and replenishment planning
- Participate in trade shows and conventions
- Help to coordinate and attend in-store promotional events
- Resolve retailer issues and complaints in a timely manner
What we are looking for:
- An outgoing personality with excellent people skills
- Ability to relate and effectively build relationships with people
- 5+ years working experience in related field
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Valid driver's license
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
What We Offer:
The opportunity to grow, develop and make an impact with a mission driven, dynamic and fast-growing company
Great office culture (with lots of adorable pets!) and people who are thoughtful and passionate about work and community
Casual dress code
Full suite of benefits - including monthly pet feeding program for someone who loves to keep their pet well fed year-round
Annual Wellness Stipend - discount for gym membership
We Raise the Bar | We Keep the Barn Doors Open | We Graze Lightly | We Lead the Pack | We are Inspired by Our Customers | We Have Fun Doing It
Open Farm values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants requiring a disability-related accommodation at any stage of Open Farm's recruitment process should contact [email protected] As required by legislation, Open Farm will consult with applications requesting such an accommodation to ensure that Open Farm's recruitment process takes into account their accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time