SUMMARY: Technical Sales & Product Specialist specializing in Enology and Viticulture. Responsible for value creation, by assisting the sales and leadership team in directly managing the accounts in their assigned territory, by revenue generation and/or potential revenue enrichment. The employee is also considered to be a specialist in regards to the product line(s), technical applications of these products as well as technical expertise in general Enology and Viticulture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have regular and reliable attendance and be able to perform each essential function from the list below satisfactorily. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Directly manage accounts in assigned territory for revenue generation
- Assist company Sales Representatives in securing sales through technical support of assigned product line(s)
- Execute market sales strategies, find and present new value creation opportunities
- Create long-term relationships and foster value-add distinctiveness.
- Maintain weekly reporting of sales activities in our CRM
- Review monthly and weekly sales reports with supervisor, identify trends and review target account plan
- Provide assistance for strategy planning sessions with senior leadership
- Prepares and presents relevant seminars directly to clients
- Attend industry events and tradeshows to showcase our brands and services in a positive and professional manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
TIME MANAGEMENT: * Client visits within defined territory: 80-90%
- Preparation and presentation of customer seminars and training: 10-20%
ABILITIES: * Talk with others to convey information and ideas effectively.
- Listen and understand what others are communicating.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Work independently and as a member of a team.
- Handle multiple projects, manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
SKILLS: * Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Effectively managing one’s own time.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail and accuracy
QUALIFICATIONS: * MS degree in Enology and Viticulture and minimum 5 years sales experience. Technical knowledge required and ability to apply to our product line.
- Demonstrated involvement in Enology and Viticulture
- Current and valid Driver’s License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following: Conveying information verbally and in writing. Entering data and retrieving data from a computer via keyboard is performed while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk; use finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is typically loud.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Frequent travel is required.
NOTES: * Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
- The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road