You love technology and you love helping people - a rare but delightful combination. You actively enjoy digging through server logs or Wireshark captures and you get a kick out of helping others solve their technical problems. You may have a job as a system administrator or network administrator, and you’re looking for an opportunity to learn new things and grow into a role where you get to build relationships with people.
Award Consulting helps small, rural telephone companies by providing expert technical assistance. We are looking to grow our team of 6 technical consultants by adding a Client Support Technician - someone who can be responsive and friendly to our clients, while building your technical expertise in telecoms. Our entire team works out of their home offices - so you can live anywhere in the US.
As we grow, it’s important that we continue to show the same care and attention to our clients that delighted them when we first started - while also expanding the range of skills and services we can offer. You will be critical in our success - surprising our clients with your quick responses and friendly manner while also growing in your technical knowledge of telecoms and voice-over-IP (VoIP) so you can become an expert in the field.
The Client Support Tech must:
- have a logical troubleshooting process and a demonstrated enthusiasm for technology.
- be eager to learn new skills and able to learn independently (through reading manuals, experimentation, watching tutorials, etc).
- be able to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely, in a way that’s easy for someone else to understand.
- be able to work productively without direct supervision, hitting deadlines, keeping track of tasks, and showing up to meetings on time.
- show confidence, empathy and warmth when talking on the phone, Zoom or over email.
In return, we offer a friendly and laid-back work environment, where you will be appreciated by our clients and your teammates, and have the opportunity to build your own expertise in VoIP and the telecoms industry. As a part of our small team your contribution will make a huge difference. You will create relationships with clients who rely on your expertise, As you do that our customer base will grow and that will create opportunities for you to grow your knowledge and career.
We offer a competitive salary ($50K-$70K, depending on experience, plus annual bonus) and health insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
If you join our team you will work remotely in your home office, so you're unlikely to catch COVID at work!
- Please explain why you would be a good fit for this role, and how it fits into your career goals. Please write 2-3 paragraphs.
- If you have prior IP networking expertise, please explain the purpose of a firewall in a corporate network, and how an employee is still able to access public websites with a firewall in place.
Work Location: Remote