Are you organized and enjoy working closely with others in a fast-paced role? We’re looking for someone to be our Student Logistics Manager. Your primary responsibility will be administering the transportation needs of all students to and from school, athletic events, and special events / field trips. Established transportation vendors are used for most of this travel, however a small fleet of SUV’s are also managed and dispatched. The in-person position works closely with the athletic staff and coaches, Harvard-Westlake parents, the Security and Operations team, and other business office team members.
We are an independent school consisting of two campuses located in Los Angeles, California. We have approximately 1,600 curious, thoughtful, and inspiring students enrolled in grades seven through twelve.
We are committed to creating a community of belonging and actively strive to be a diverse and inclusive community. We do not discriminate on any basis. We seek candidates who demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members; have an ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds; and have a capacity to serve as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance.
Major areas of focus for this role include:
Student Bus and Athletic Transportation
- Coordination of student transportation and student athlete transportation with destinations both local and remote, in addition to special event transportation
- Manage logistical planning for daily student bus service, including route creation, bus stop selection and placement, transit optimization, and intercampus shuttles. 3rd party vendor is primary party responsibly for these deliverables.
- Oversee bus driver benefits such as cafeteria card balances, bonus compensation, and bi-annual luncheons
- Engage the Head of Security, vendors, and supervisor(s) proactively to address transportation problems and delays
- Organize and maintain the school’s fleet of SUV’s including maintenance, service, license, and insurance needs.
- Monitor legal, regulatory, and compliance changes affecting student transportation
- Respond to emergencies such as late or missed pick-ups and incorrect vendor dispatched vehicles at a variety of times throughout the day, including early morning and late evening
- Oversee the annual service contract between the school and the bus vendor and insurance requirements
- Allocate transportation costs to department budgets
- Act as the primary resource for student parking registration, assignments, and related inquiries. Devise creative policies to incentivize carpooling while creatively managing single and tandem parking spaces.
- Interface professionally with a wide range of school stake holders including parents, students, drivers, employees and vendors.
- Additional projects as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- A degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent experience
- Proficiency w/ MS Office Suite (word, excel, outlook)
- Ability to learn new databases or programs with relative ease
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Passionate about the mission of schools and driven to serve its constituents
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
Great benefits we offer:
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision coverage with zero to low premium contributions
- 403(b) Retirement with a 10% match and immediate vesting
- Cafeteria allowance – lunch is on us!
- Professional development support including continuing education
- Personal Growth grants
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee affinity groups
- Mental wellness resources and workshops
- Partially subsidized employee housing (subject to availability)
- Tickets to local sporting and entertainment events
- Discount at the school bookstore (get your HW swag!)
- Paid Holidays, including time off for Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring break plus vacation!