Primary Scheduled Hours: Full Time 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 Monday thru Friday
Responsible for the receipt, storage and distribution of all materials delivered to the Materials Management Department by various vendors. Responsible for the PAR Level Systems in the warehouse and throughout the facility, including the adjustment of stock levels. Responsible for distributing the patient care and office supply needs of the hospital according to orders received . Orders supplies to maintain stock on hand. Updates inventory records. Unloads and stocks supplies.
Who are we?
- Newport Hospital and Health Services is located in Newport, WA on the Washington-Idaho border. We are an independent rural healthcare provider.
- Newport Hospital and Health Services consists of:
- 24 bed Rural Community Hospital - Trauma Level IV
- 15 providers Rural Health Clinic
- 72 – bed, high –level care, Advanced Assisted Living Facility
- 42 – apartment; low-moderate care level Assisted Living Facility
- In 2021 we celebrated our 100th year in operation servicing the local members of Newport, WA and the surrounding communities.
Education Background and Experience
High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Licensure / Certifications:
Previous stock management experience.
- Maintain regulatory requirements.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled; complete work within designated timelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to adhere to the mission, ethics and goals of the District.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients, guests and staff in a courteous, respectful and helpful manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Receives all materials delivered to the facility by various vendors.
- Properly disburses all materials to various locations in the warehouse and facility.
- Makes corrections, deletions and adjustments to quantities of materials stocked in relation to the PAR Level Replenishment Systems throughout the facility.
- Checks all documents for accuracy prior to the processing of packing slips, etc.
- Interfaces directly with staff members at the user departments to determine the need for additions or deletions in relation to the PAR Level System.
- Maintains all areas of material storage in a neat and organized manner, utilizing proper rotation.
- Properly handles and stores sterile supplies, maintaining sterility.
- Forwards information pertaining to critical back-order situations to the Materials Management Director or to the Purchasing Agent.
- Sets delivery assignments for various departments to ensure that the proper quantity of materials is delivered at the proper time.
- Prepares items for return shipment in conjunction with the user department and Purchasing.
In accordance with Washington State Governor's Proclamation 21.14.2, as a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Full vaccination status or an approved accommodation will be verified prior to your first day of work. Should you not be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation you will not be able to start employment with NHHS. Please contact HR at 509-447-6320 for any vaccination verification questions or to request an accommodation application.
The above job summary, professional requirements and essential job functions are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel for this job classification.
Successful candidates typically begin between the beginning and midpoint of the compensation range ($15.91 – $18.74/hour) dependent on qualifications/experience and receive compensation increment increases annually.
Qualified employees of Newport Hospital & Health Services are offered the following benefits:
We offer competitive wages.
- Comprehensive benefit package including:
- Retirement with a 6% dollar for dollar employer match
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- We provide a complimentary gym membership
- We offer various tuition assistance programs
- We give back to our community – snack bags for local schools and assist with Meals on Wheels for our elderly.
- We work where we play - Three major ski resorts are located within one hour of Newport, numerous lakes, rivers, and hiking trails. Truly an abundance of outdoor recreation.
- All employees are given the opportunity to learn and advance within the organization.
- We offer strong family-like support system
- Collaboration and team building is supported and developed using teaching and practice of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Newport Hospital & Health Services (NHHS) is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. NHHS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
NHHS employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
NHHS is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 509-447-6320.