Job descriptionDescription: JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Provides on-site support for the reprocessing of surgical instruments and trays to contracted facilities in compliance with the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facilities goals and policies.
- Supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional standards and regulations.
- Awareness of concepts of the Lean work environment. Communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to IMS leadership. Reports broken instrumentation. Adheres to IMS dress requirements and is neat and well-groomed at all times.
- Arrives at facility at scheduled time and is consistently ready for work assignments.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all personal, telephone and electronic communications.
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public arenas. Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures. Participates in in-services and educational offerings provided by IMS in the facility.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required, preferred.
- Completion of a Sterile Processing/Surgical Technologist program preferred.
- Previous Sterile Processing Department experience preferred. Basic computer skills and aptitude. Ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn the basics of OR and SPD processes and protocols, surgical instrument nomenclature, and care and handling instructions required.
- Ability to work daily in a fast-paced, high pressure Healthcare Service environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk, see and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, push and/or pull up to 300 pounds on a cart or carriage.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to biohazardous material, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
JB Hunt Township of Monroe, NJ 08831 $61,000 a year 28 days ago
Polaris Inc. Fernley, NV 89408 30+ days ago
ALDI Woodbridge, VA $17.50 an hour 6 days ago
Chipotle Washington, DC 20002 30+ days ago