- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- 5+ years of communications experience, including ghost writing for leadership
- Ability and willingness to pivot quickly to meet emerging demands
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to efficiently solve problems and challenges
Are you an expert wordsmith who finds no greater delight than a correctly-applied semicolon? Someone with a penchant for debating the merits of the Oxford comma and a passion for eliminating jargon with a sweeping Ctrl + X? Do you also love helping colleagues grow their writing proficiency and confidence?
We’re hiring a Senior Communications Specialist to serve as an expert writing resource for Ring Customer Support (CS). Ring CS provides human support when neighbors need help beyond the app for anything from product or billing questions to technical troubleshooting. Ring CS includes a team of global call center associates charged with delivering a delightful neighbor experience via phone, chat, and social media interactions, as well as the teams that enable successful call center strategies through a data-driven approach to capacity planning and workforce management, security, operations management and operational excellence, learning and development, project management, and more. Because of its continuous measurement and analysis of neighbor satisfaction, Ring CS represents the neighbor voice in informing the company’s technology roadmap.
The Senior Communications Specialist will develop writing as a capability across Ring CS through one-on-one editing sessions, group workshops, and daily document writing and review. This role will ensure key business communications, including weekly/monthly business reviews and strategy documents, meet Amazon’s high bar for writing quality. The Senior Communications Specialist role sits within the Business Operations and Communications team, which includes strategic planning and reporting, project management, executive messaging, and creative asset development.
Key job responsibilities
- Cultivate relationships across Ring CS to develop subject matter expertise
- Develop and execute writing workshops for Ring CS team members, tailoring to audience, measuring results, and iterating to deliver results
- Write and edit content for priority business documents, including weekly/monthly business reviews and operating plans
- Maintain team pages, including updating news and key information for colleagues across the organization
- Develop, maintain, and socialize a Ring CS style guide and templates
- Collaborate across Ring CS to standardize processes for incident response and change communications
- Serve as partner and advisor in development of visual needs—providing words to accompany video/graphic assets
- Develop relationships with hiring managers and recruiting partners to produce compelling content for explaining the value proposition of open jobs
- Provide writing support on leadership messaging
- Internal communications experience, preferably at a multi-national company
- Employee engagement communications experience
- Script writing experience
- Social media experience
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Geater Machining and Manufacturing Independence, IA 50644 $55,000 - $60,000 a year EmployerActive 3 days ago
Checks & Balances for You Remote $20 - $30 an hour 1 day ago
Publicis Media New York, NY 10014 (SoHo area) 30+ days ago