We are currently seeking Spanish Language Medical Records Coders/Analysts. The Medical Records Analyst is primarily responsible for review of health information. The MRA reviews the medical records for specific criteria and validation of specific code year sets submitted from selected organizations to the Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services. The position requires review of Protected Health Information (PHI) and must maintain strict confidentiality when addressing or referring to such records. The successful candidate will use a variety of office equipment, computer software, and professional judgement to carry out their job duties in a highly independent manner. This is a full-time remote position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Analyze PHI according to project specific standards and regulations set forth by CMS.
- Participate in the Intake Process of records.
- Assign ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes according to the guidelines as defined by the AMA.
- Discuss project related discrepancies with Team Lead(s).
- Maintain coding credentials and continuing education hours.
- Possess and maintain a current and comprehensive understanding of coding rules, changes, and guidelines as defined by the AMA.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in abstracting and ICD-9 coding general acute hospital (inpatient AND outpatient) and physician medical records by applying ICD-9 Coding Guidelines for inpatient and outpatient settings and related Official Coding Clinics.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in abstracting and ICD-10 coding of general acute hospital (inpatient AND outpatient) and physician medical records by applying ICD-10 Coding Guidelines for inpatient and outpatient settings and related Official Coding Clinics.
- Fluent in Spanish; able to interpret and transcribe Spanish medical records.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification from AHIMA.
- Coder certification from AAPC.
- Extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, pathology of disease and medical terminology required.
- Successful outcome on Coder Assessment evaluation.
- Ability to write appropriate correspondence and effectively communicate (written and oral) with team members, management, clients, and customers, as necessary.
- Must be able to work independently, with little or no supervision, and use professional judgment as detailed in the Company’s and AHIMA’s Code of Ethics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- How many years experience transcribing Spanish medical records?
- ICD-9: 6 years (Required)
- ICD-10: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- Coder Certification from AAPC (Preferred)
- RHIT, RHIA, or CCS Certification from AHIMA (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote