Job descriptionNo manufacturing experience? No Problem! Our on-site "Center for Excellence" new hire training program will set you up for success. Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Prepare and process the appropriate paperwork to ship parts to customers and suppliers and to ship other materials as well as respond to shipping inquiries. Responsible for packing all shipments with accuracy.
Tools and Equipment:
Fork Trucks, Hand Trucks, scales, staple gun, computer terminal and printer, typewriter and copy machine.
Corrugated boxes, pallets, bar code labels, bills of lading, packing slips and rust dip. Certs and inspection reports. Finished goods and WIP castings
Direction of Others:
Checks or audits work of other shippers and packers in lower classifications.
The following are the usual major job duties, but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
- Pack product and prepare for shipment.
- Check shipments leaving plant to ensure that all customer requirements are met, and that all internal packing and shipping procedures have been followed.
- Performs scheduled or unscheduled floor inventories.
- Record daily inventory and update.
- Completes Process Sheet Count Verification form by calculating the difference (over and under) between the number of parts stated on the process sheet and the actual number of parts shipped to the customer on a daily basis. Calculates weekly totals of overages and shortages. Calculates and reports total pounds shipped per month by trucking company for accounting.
- Responds to various shipping inquiries.
- Must follow all safety requirements of job as outlined on the job safety card
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Complete all paperwork associated with the job. Correctly maintain all forms and instruction sheets
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
- Inform your supervisor about problems that occur
- May be required to handle hazardous waste by collecting and transferring the waste into proper containers at satellite storage areas or storage areas and assuring that the containers are properly inspected, labeled, and closed as required. Must follow correct instruction for handling hazardous waste and report any deviations to supervisor immediately. Must attend yearly instruction in hazardous waste handling and review of current procedures if job duties could affect non-compliance.
- Requires one year of clerical experience which must include the performance of duties requiring the handling of process paperwork or the equivalent.
- Ability to perform simple typing duties.
- Must have demonstrable PC Skills and proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Needs to be able to work with any computer application that position requires (e.g., Mitchell Humphrey, HP, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Requires sufficient strength and physical dexterity to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Vision requirement of 20/30 near correctable.
- Persons in this position will be given the opportunity and are expected to cross-train and learn the requirements to progress to the next classification and will have the opportunity to advance to the next classification provided there is a business need for such a skill level.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Hitchiner offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Onsite Primary Care at the Hitchiner Health and Resource Center for convenient and no cost preventative, acute and chronic medical and behavioral health services for employees and their dependents.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Basic and Accidental Life Insurance (company paid)
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- 401K (pre-tax and ROTH) with Excellent Company Match and Immediate Vesting
- Company Profit Sharing Plan
- 3 weeks’ Vacation to start; 4 weeks’ Vacation after 4 Years; 5 weeks’ Vacation after 9 years seniority
- We set you up for success with our “Center for Excellence” onsite training center for new hires and existing employees to improve new learning and continuous growth
- Training and Educational Assistance Programs
For more information or questions, please contact Katie Demmons at 603-732-1503 or [email protected]
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
SpaceX Hawthorne, CA 90250 (North Hawthorne area) 30+ days ago
Together Education Remote in Brooklyn, NY 30+ days ago
SDI International Corp Remote in Minneapolis, MN 55403 EmployerActive 6 days ago
LSU Agricultural Center New Iberia, LA $2,222 - $3,987 a month Today
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. Greensboro, NC 27411 Today