Thank you for exploring a career with North American Chemicals (NAC), a division of NCH Corporation, an international company where we work in small teams that have a direct impact on success. North American Chemical (NAC), is a worldwide manufacturer of an extensive line of maintenance, repair and industrial supply products to customers in over 55 countries. We are currently seeking a Shipping Administrative Clerk for our Mohawk Labs Facility located in Indianapolis, IN.
Reporting to a warehouse supervisor the Shipping Administrative Clerk will join our team to support a dynamic and ever changing distribution environment. The position will perform tasks designed to maintain documentation/computer records that reflect accurate location and quantity of materials, products and equipment in order to ensure that our customer’s expectations are met by our exceptional products.
A little about us
Applying for a new job is a little like entering uncharted territory. We want you to feel 100% confident about the application process, the position and our company before committing your time to apply, so that none of the above comes as a surprise. Let’s start with some information about NCH so you can get to know us better.
NCH Corporation is a privately held, family-owned, global business headquartered in Irving, Texas. We have more than 7,500 employees, offices and facilities on six continents, and clients in more than 50 countries. This includes our corporate headquarters as well as subsidiary companies. We clean and conserve water, save energy, and deliver best-in-class maintenance solutions, with a focus on industrial and commercial businesses.
Culture and benefits
We’re a global company with a family feel, offering the same benefits of an international corporation with the personal relationships of a small business. Working in our small teams and close-knit environment, you’d never guess we had a 7,500+ employee head count. We realize a job is more than just a job – it’s an extension of your life and family – and we’re committed to maintaining just that. For us, culture is not just a perk; it’s essential to how we thrive. And that’s speaking for 100 years in the business!
· Employee-centric environment (regular activities, personal relationships, small teams)
· Family-first attitude (paid parental leave, work-life balance support, flexible hours)
· Approachable leadership (collaboration with top leaders, open-door policy)
· Growth-oriented mindset (autonomy, creative freedom to explore new ideas)
· Paid vacation and holiday leave
· Wellness initiatives
· Community involvement (volunteering, fundraisers, charity events, school sponsorships and donations)
· Employee recognition programs (appreciation week, awards and ceremonies)
· Personal and professional development and growth
· Tuition reimbursement
· Financial wellness (retirement options, 401K match, employee credit union)
· Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability)
If this sounds like a fit for you so far, keep reading.
Responsibilities and experience:
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
This position works with the warehouse to provide correct paperwork to ship customer orders out daily. This individual also works with Corporate Transportation and Corporate CAC to get problem orders, orders with holds on them, and customer hot orders through the system to release to be able to be shipped.
Work problem orders through the system
Monitors customer shipments and provides proper paperwork
Works with and monitors carriers to get customer orders picked up daily
Communicates with sales force on status orders
Works Hot orders on a daily basis
Other duties As Assigned
1. Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
2. Extremely Detail Oriented
3. Ability to handle ever changing, multiple priorities.
4. Team Player
5. High School Diploma / GED or Equivalent
6 Experience using Oracle, Excel, Precision or similar transportation software is a plus
Sound like a fit for you?
Jump aboard, and apply today.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Indianapolis, IN 46226: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- SAP, or Oracle, or AS400: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location