GVI, Inc., is an emerging specialty consulting firm focused on providing innovative strategic planning, project development, and management solutions. We are seeking a Sr. Crime Analyst to assist in identifying armed violent criminals and members of violent gangs / criminal organizations who are involved in shootings, violent criminal activity, and/or firearms trafficking. The Sr. Crime Analyst will review ballistic evidence, assist in pooling intelligence, and prepare leads for investigators. The Sr. Crime Analyst will be required to perform a series of duties that include analyzing gun ballistics, drafting reports to share information / assist colleagues in development of crime gun intelligence, and correctly identifying and tracing firearms through various Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive (ATF) systems.
Qualified candidates will be expected to:
- Utilize Crime Gun Intelligence and review ballistics tracing results to identify high value targets.
- Distribute Crime Gun Intelligence to the proper authorities.
- Coordinate the results from crime gun intelligence with ATF Field Divisions, Field Intelligence Groups, local law enforcement intelligence and other designated authorities.
- Coordinate collection of Crime Gun Intelligence from surrounding agencies.
- Assist with quality control to ensure ballistics are properly handled and entered into tracing databases.
- Track and document the results of leads provided from crime gun intelligence.
- Establish rapport with law enforcement agencies to accomplish common law enforcement and crime gun forensic analysis objectives.
- Correctly identify and trace firearms through the ATF systems.
- US Citizen with valid US Driver’s License
- B.S. Degree from accredited college or university or equivalent combination formal education, work experience and on the job training;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with local, State, or Federal law enforcement is preferred, but not required;
- Ability to work with and coordinate the efforts of local, state and Federal law enforcement;
- Plan and complete complex projects and present those plans and projects to a group and identify and overcome obstacles to those plans;
- Successfully complete the ATF clearance process;
- Willing to provide a DNA sample as part of employment screening;
- Analyze, summarize, report, and share information both verbal and written and complete complex projects;
- Strong presentation skills in presenting plans and projects to a group;
- Available for occasional travel.
Position is located in Kalamazoo, MI
Apply online at: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=GATEWAYVENT&cws=55&rid=2773
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location