The Sr. Buyer, Indirect - North America is responsible for executing sourcing and procurement activities and initiatives that support the company's North American Indirect goods and services categories (MRO, consumables, packaging, preventative maintenance, etc.). Specifically, the Sr. Buyer, Indirect, North America assists the Manager, Indirect Procurement, North America with strategy implementation and tactical management of Indirect goods and services for North America. Such activities and initiatives may include reducing the company's Total Cost of Ownership, mitigating supply risk, managing complexity, and supporting sustainability goals and initiatives.
The company is headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, U.S. and has four manufacturing sites in North America (Eden, NC; Hammond, WI; Iowa City; IA; Malvern, PA), two manufacturing sites in Europe (Apeldoorn, The Netherlands; Forchheim, Germany), one manufacturing site in India (Silvassa) and one manufacturing site in China (Guangzhou).
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep fully abreast of applicable market conditions and industry trends.
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Working cross-functionally with the key stakeholders, assist in the development and execution of sourcing strategies for assigned categories, which deliver against business objectives, including but not limited to cost and working capital commitments.
- Lead/support the negotiation of new supply agreements.
- Manage quarterly business reviews for assigned suppliers.
- Address and resolve quality issues and supplier disputes in a manner that fairly represents the company's interests.
- Network with company leaders and stakeholders to build a robust pipeline of sourcing productivity initiatives and work cross-functionally to execute those opportunities, consistent with project timelines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
JOBS SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's (4-year) degree in supply chain, engineering, science, business, or related field.
- At least 7 years of professional working experience, with 5+ years in relevant sourcing and procurement roles of increasing responsibility, preferably supporting Indirect goods and services in a manufacturing environment.
- At least 2 years of professional working experience managing Indirect goods and services, preferably packaging (e.g., pallets, cores, stretch film, etc.)
- Expert-level procurement skills across the entire source-to-pay process, including but not limited to supplier identification and qualification, negotiation and contract development, logistics and delivery terms, and supplier complaint resolution.
- Proficiency in SAP required, with preference given to candidates with a solid working knowledge of SAP's S/4HANA environment.
- Well-versed in contract terms and conditions with the ability to draft and edit contract language.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to model costs and assess pricing and commercial proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and initiatives in an effective way.
- Self-starter with the ability to act independently and deliver results.
- Heightened focus and commitment safety.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that begin on your first day
- Health savings account with generous annual employer contribution
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) matching program
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.