Job descriptionRequisition Number4793 Employment Type:Regular
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What you will do
SUMMARY: The Scientific Associate, Bioanalysis works under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Leader of Bioanalysis and is responsible for routinely performing sample analyses ranging from routine to complex using accurate and efficient analytical techniques. This individual readily assimilates into the CRO workflow, is a quick learner and executes responsibilities following Worldwide’s procedures.
- Understand and apply GLP and safety guidelines in all aspects of work and document all procedural processes promptly/clearly
- Perform chemical assays ranging from routine to complex with consistent accuracy and precision
- Accurately prepare stocks, reagents, standards and quality controls and maintain/calibrate instruments and equipment
- Review data, recognize and report inconsistencies, and determine the cause and effect
- Work with a variety of scientists/technicians and interface with clients
What you will bring to the role
- Ability to read, execute, and understand complicated and detailed instruction and technical literature in order to plan, perform, and direct laboratory activities
- Must be able to work well with a variety of laboratory personnel and with constant interruptions
- Ability to understand graphs, tables, charts and perform calculations needed for the task, usually associated with 1 year on-the-job training
- Ability to report data and procedures orally and in writing and interface effectively with clients, if needed
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment associated with direct experience, experience after technical institute training or a college degree in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree, with a scientific focus, with 0 – 2 years of relevant work experience required
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
#IND-SH1Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.