Job descriptionPosition Summary: This position under general supervision, operates as part of the care team performing a variety of functions such as greeting patients, patient registration, insurance coverage and verification, scheduling and telephone management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
Provides front desk support and customer service satisfaction to patients in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with performance standards
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner
- Schedules and registers patient appointments and follows established procedures:
- Remind patient to arrive 15 – 30 minutes before scheduled appointment to complete paperwork
- Remind patient of cancellation/no-show policy
- Remind the patient of items to bring to appointment: insurance card, medication list, and office visit fee
- Accesses EHR to communicate to clinical staff members and/or providers telephone encounters using SBAR format and/or appropriate smart phrases
- Operates a multi-line telephone console
- Minimum one-year experience in customer service, preferably in a related clinical environment
Education, Licensure & Certification Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or related healthcare certification, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, professional attitude, reliable
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to communicate in an active multi-office environment
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment
- Ability to follow or provide verbal and written instructions
- Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Basic to intermediate computer operation
- Mathematical and/or analytical ability for basic to intermediate problem solving
- Specialty knowledge of systems relating to job function
ADA Compliance: The Company is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act. As part of this effort, reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of positions sought or held. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Home Instead Warwick, RI $17.50 - $20.50 an hour 18 days ago
University of California San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94143 12 days ago
OneTouch Direct Nashville, TN 37214 $15 - $40 an hour Today
DaBella Boise, ID 83704 $16.50 - $18.00 an hour 1 day ago
Ben & Jerry's Primo St. Louis, MO 63130 $12 an hour 6 days ago