Day in the life of a Sales Applications Engineer:
As the Sales Applications Engineer, you will be working hand in hand with the WaterTectonic sales team and customers to design solutions for their water/wastewater treatment needs. You will typically manage 2-3 projects simultaneously where you will create a 20% design of the projects with budgets in the range of 1 to 3 million dollars.
On any given day, you will be given Requests for Proposals (RFPs), that you will use to kick off the design phase. Each system will be unique and built on an industrial scale from workable designs from our own in-house laboratory. You will then use all the designs and calculations needed for the system to choose and source possible equipment needed.
In short, this is a position that is critical to the company, works cross-functionally, and is in a dynamic environment where you will have to keep pace with the sales team.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering degree with experience in the design and construction of water and wastewater treatment equipment. Experience in sales or applications engineering is preferred. The ideal candidate will be able to provide budgetary engineering calculations to size filter tanks, RO and UF equipment, clarifiers, pumps and other water typical water treatment devices. Using these calculations, the applications engineer will develop process flow diagrams and layouts for proposal and develop the costs used to bid these projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Serves WT sales personnel and their clients by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
· Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
· Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, equipment vendors, and other professional personnel
· Develop technical response and documentation necessary to support solicitations.
· Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
· Training other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
Education/Experience for a successful candidate
· Must have a bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
· Prefer candidates with 2 – 5 years of field and/or manufacturing experience; preferably in water treatment.
· Prefer candidates with have ~1-3 years of sales and/or sales operations experience.
· Adept and comfortable with communicate to customers both written and verbally.
· Analytical thinker with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to comprehend and assess technical information and its applicability to the necessary or immediate context solution and or problem.
· Communicating with internal stakeholders to understand technical solution and commercial opportunity.
· The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
· Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
· Good leadership and team working skills.
About WaterTectonics, Inc.:
WaterTectonics, a Water Treatment technology company based in Everett is looking for a full-time, Sales Applications Engineer to work in a dynamic, energetic environment. WaterTectonics focuses on a design build approach to water treatment projects. We have 30,000 SF of manufacturing and a team of 20 engineers and scientists designing process and equipment solutions for water and wastewater treatment. For 23 years, WaterTectonics has designed, manufactured, deployed, and serviced advanced water treatment systems for clients in oil & gas, mining, industrial and construction applications. With over 1,200 completed projects in 11 countries and 22 states, our systems treat over 500 million gallons of water annually.
Locations: United States; Washington; Everett
Job Type: Full-time; Salary
Compensation: $75,000 - $85,000/year doe
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
**Please note this we are a drug free business, all new hires will be required to take a drug test prior to being hired and random drug tests throughout the year. We participant in the I9 verify.**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Everett, WA 98203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: One location