Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation (DGOC) is an established owner and operator of producing conventional and unconventional natural gas & oil wells and midstream pipelines and compression stations concentrated in the Appalachian Basin in the United States. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, our field operations are located throughout the Appalachian Basin in the states of Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. In 2021, Diversified announced our expansion into our Central Regional Focus Area, which includes producing areas within Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. DGOC’s parent company is Diversified Energy Company PLC.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Rig Hand will work under the direction of the Well Services Manage. This individual will be part of a crew that is responsible for the maintenance and day to day operation of the service rigs.
Special focus will be placed on:
- Perform services on oil and gas wells
- Perform general maintenance of draw works
- Utilize rig equipment (tongs, slips, elevators, and winch line) to safely perform drilling operations
- Assist in loading and off-loading pipe and other items from the truck/trailer to the rig
- Pick up and lay down tubing
- Operate crew truck in safe and lawful manner and in accordance with company policy
- Lift, remove, install and operate well head pump
- Position, lift, attach, install and work with matting boards, tubing, rods, casing and associated well equipment such as rod strippers, polish rods, etc.
- Operate rod wrenches, tongs, elevators and other associated rig tools and equipment
- Perform safety and functionality inspections of equipment and tools as required
- Complete required work plans and job safety analysis
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and trainings
- Document and complete daily log books
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Rig Operator, Rig Supervisor or Company Official
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience running Power Tongs
- Knowledge of removal of rods and tubing from Gas and Oil wells (0-2 years).
- Basic mechanical knowledge of disassembling and assembling Gas & Oil well heads (0-2 years).
- Knowledge of types of drill pipe and drill collars (0-2 years).
- Knowledge of thread types and tubing sizes (0-2 years).
- Knowledge of working derricks and drill floor (0-2 years).
- The individual must be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it is required. This includes hard hat, safety glasses, life vest, respirators, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, or other protective equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done
- Walking, stepping, climbing or otherwise moving from one location on the job site to another, and normally involves physically getting into and out of equipment through the use of vertical mounted ladders up to and including 10 or more in height
- Visually seeing driving operations well (either naturally or with corrective lenses)
- Standing, stooping kneeling, squatting, climbing and sitting
- Repetitive movements by feet, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands and back in performance of work
- Working at elevated heights
- Lifting 50 lb. or more objects occasionally
- Carrying 50 lb. or more objects occasionally
- Adapting to outdoor conditions and prolonged exposure to sometimes adverse weather conditions
- Remaining calm during emergencies and respond appropriately as dictated by the circumstance of the incident
- Exposure to working outdoors in all-weather conditions
DGOC offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. The benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), life insurance, Flexible Spending Account Plan, and paid time off.
Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers applications for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability or any other group protected by Federal or State law or ordinance. People with disabilities who may need accommodation to apply and compete for a position with Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation may request such accommodation(s) by contacting Human Resources via [email protected]