Looking to grow your RETAIL career as a RETAIL ASSOCIATE, by working for a company that provides competitive pay, generous benefits and Paid Time Off, opportunities for career growth, and FREE training and development?
Are you looking for a flexible schedule in a fun work environment that prioritizes safety and work-life balance?
COME JOIN OUR TEAM AT GOODWILL SOUTHEAST GEORGIA!
What you’ll receive:
- Weekly pay that is competitive with other leading retailers
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, life, accidental insurance, and retirement
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Thriving Culture based on Teamwork
- Employee/associate shopping discount
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- FREE Training and Development Opportunities
As a Retail Associate, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically welcoming and thanking, every customer every time.
- Handling customer transactions by ringing the sale on a cash register, collecting payment, making change, bagging the merchandise and thanking the customer.
- Process all items efficiently, neatly, and in compliance with company best practices.
- Work efficiently to minimize customer wait time while maintaining customer service and accuracy.
- Follow register prompts, be empowered to make it right for the guest while following Targets policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, clutter free work area (including gathering abandoned items, baskets, and hangers)
- Stock supplies during store open hours while being available for customers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service so every customer leaves satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our customers
- Providing service to our customer that makes them say I LOVE GOODWILL!…. We love Goodwill, our commitment to sustainability, and the contributions we make to our community
- Working with a diverse customer and associate populations is important to you
- You embrace our values of Commitment, Learning, Accountability, Integrity, Service to Others, and Teamwork.
- You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the customer to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have an amazing training program that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Retail Associate. But, there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Communicating effectively, including using positive language and attentive to guests needs
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Willing to educate customers and sell products and services
- Learn and adapt to evolving technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Ability to handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting/moving/pushing/pulling merchandise up to 40 lbs, with or without accommodations.
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
This Position Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Goodwill is an EEO employer and is committed to serving members of the military, Veterans and their families by encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of knowledge and/or expertise. Our goal is to help ensure that the transition from military service into the workforce is as smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication devoted to protecting our country. Goodwill provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of your disability. Applicants with disabilities may contact Goodwill’s Human Resources Department at 912.354.6611 for assistance in accessing the on-line application system. Please be sure to include your name, preferred method of contact, and details on your requested accommodation. Goodwill will make every effort to respond to your request promptly.
Goodwill is one of the most recognized and respected brands in the country, and a career here means you become a part of transforming lives and helping people in your own neighborhood.
We make a difference in the community.
We offer competitive wages & benefits.
We believe in promoting from within.
We support our associates in achieving their highest level of personal and professional growth.