The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking individuals to work in the Crow’s Nest Campus Restaurant. The Crow’s Nest is located in the Lumen Vitae University Center. The restaurant host ensures a warm welcoming, safe, clean, and professional environment for students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Wage: Starting at $15.00 per hour.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Greets customers, validates payments, monitors the dining room and servery
- Ensures table setup, cleanliness, that furniture is correctly positioned and other custodial duties as assigned
- Performs safety inspections and creates work orders for maintenance or repairs
- Performs other related duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous restaurant operations experience is preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of the safe handling of cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of safety equipment usage (AED, fire extinguishers, etc.), proper cleaning methods, and safety measures essential to the work environment
- Ability to present a professional image
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application or mail your letter of interest and resume to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.