PDX Pharmaceuticals currently has openings for 2-3 “Research Assistant” positions.
The candidate will be part of a pre-clinical research program to develop nanoparticle-based targeted- and immuno- therapeutics for treating cancers. (see https://www.pdxpharm.com/our-science/ and https://www.pdxpharm.com/our-products/). The project is currently supported by funding from the National Institute of Health’s National Cancer Institute (NCI).
The candidate will work on joint research projects between PDX Pharmaceuticals and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)’s department of Biomedical Engineering. He/she will assist the team with day-to-day research operation, including nanoparticle synthesis, optimization, and characterization; batch experiments, molecular assays, cell culture, animal (mouse) handling/experiments, and literature review. The candidate will also be involved in coordinating GMP-compliant manufacturing of our lead drug candidate, IND-enabling studies, and interaction with the FDA. Although direct relevant research experience is a big plus, it is not a requirement. Candidates are however expected to learn fast, be detail-oriented, responsible, and hard-working (okay with working occasional long hours).
This position is appropriate for new/recent graduates who look to learn, obtain more experience for a couple of years in biomedical research in a start-up/academic environment prior to graduate schools or other research jobs. Growth within the company is also promoted, if desired. Most RAs also get co-authorship on the resulted publications (https://www.pdxpharm.com/publications/).
1) BA or BS in Engineering, Chemistry, Life Sciences or Relevant fields with excellent academic record
2) Eligible to work in the US without company’s sponsorship
3) Attention to detail
4) Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
5) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
6) Advanced verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
7) Interest in biomedical research, cancer, and nanomedicine
Desired/Preferred (not required):
1) Prior experience in chemistry/biology lab
2) Prior experience in nanomedicine research
3) Experience with cell culture and molecular techniques
4) Experience handling rodents/using animal models (mice)
Salary + cash benefit: 37,000-45,000 USD. Other benefits include a retirement plan, paid time off, wellness reimbursement plan, and bonus plan.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
To be considered for a position, please submit your cover letter, recent transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable at this stage), and CV/resume to https://www.pdxpharm.com/career-opportunity/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location