Do you have experience with multi-modal transportation? Can you build strong vendor relationships and have the ability to create and maintain a network of third-party carriers? Do you have more than 5 years of experience in North America transportation and logistics? If so, we'd like to hear from you!
For a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Regional Transportation Specialist (RTS) is responsible for providing exceptional service while balancing cost-effective multi-modal transport; Bulk/Hoppers, Liquid Bulk/Tank, Van, Rail, and LTL solutions for the movement of products within the Southeast Region. This position will be responsible to plan and execute logistics activities using a network of 3rd party carriers, provide rate quotes to the sales team, source and manage a portfolio of carriers, negotiate rates and service levels, tender loads, and manage freight spend. Additionally, each RTS is responsible for providing solutions to optimize the supply chain performance and assist in the timely and accurate data capture to allow for efficient transaction execution and performance reporting.
- A BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in North America (US & Canada) Transportation and Logistics, preferably in the Agricultural industry primarily with bulk loads; liquid, wet and dry product
- Experience with JD Edwards, Oracle, or other ERP/TMS systems preferred
- Travel expectations: 5%
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- A thorough working knowledge of domestic and cross-border logistics operations – primarily between the US and Canada.
- Advanced analytical skills: ability to collect and analyze data, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Commodity bulk and packaged goods transportation experience preferably in the Agricultural or Feed Manufacturing industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Suite Products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Requires a high-energy individual with a positive attitude
- Ability to formulate and execute a regional transportation plan that aligns with the overall company objectives
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- The ability to multi-task while maintaining focus to complete all tasks as necessary
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Responsibility for the movement of products via bulk truck, rail, and intermodal using a fleet of 3rd party carriers and logistics providers
- Negotiate competitive freight rates and contracts directly with carriers and transportation providers
- Ensure carrier service level commitments are being met, including tracking on-time pickups & deliveries
- Review and approve freight invoices for accuracy
- Maintain accurate shipping data using internal software
- Resolve logistical problems and grievances, handle complaints, and settle disputes in an effective and timely manner
- Communicate upcoming trends, challenges, and opportunities within the transportation landscape, including rate fluctuations and cost changes due to market and/or surcharges, with Marketing and Management teams.
- Recommend and manage optimal transport modes including routing, equipment, and frequency
- Carrier portfolio management and shipper compliance (insurance and DOT ratings)
- Identify opportunities for freight cost reductions and/or increased service levels
- Work with service providers to identify and eliminate logistical obstacles to ensure the safe and timely execution of shipments
- Responsible for the collection and data input of shipping weights to allow for efficient transaction execution
- Analyze lanes, rates, and capacity and offer solutions for better overall service and freight savings
- Generate documentation as required for cross-border movement between US/Canada/US
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); pension plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food, and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing, and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
- Bachelors or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)