Job descriptionSite Name: Guayama JV
Posted Date: May 16 2022
As Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist you will perform laboratory testing according to approved test methods, SOP’s and GMP’s using equipment and instruments provided. This requires skills in the handling of laboratory equipment and materials and in the interpretation of data results. Assays are qualitative, quantitative and investigational in nature and are performed in compliance with USP, FDA and other regulatory body requirements. Compares results with specifications and documented. Incumbent has a basic knowledge of fundamental technical and quality concepts
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Performs analysis according written procedures using equipment and instruments provided. Works with instruments of advanced and/or sophisticated nature under limited supervision. Executes basic equipment troubleshooting.
- Prepares laboratory solutions according to standard formulas to be used in assays and some instruments if so, required by procedures. Records data in an orderly manner following laboratory rules and SOP’s. Calculates results as required, compares results with specifications and seeks further direction when these are not met.
- Standardizes laboratory solutions to be used in assays and some instruments if so, required by procedures.
- Train or assists in training new technicians in specific task.
- Assists in or carries out work of an experimental nature while under limited supervision.
- Enters tests results in the Laboratory Information Management System and informs supervisor if any discrepancy is found.
- Keeps records, metrics and files up to date and assures that information is available at all times.
- Participate in laboratory investigations.
- Laboratory housekeeping when needed.
- Maintain standards, reagents and solvents inventory updated.
- Generates and revises SOPs, change controls, deviation investigations, annual trending reports and other reports as needed.
- Assists supervisor in the coordination of work schedules.
- Completes data verification and laboratory data approval. Approves or rejects, starting materials, packaging materials, intermediates, bulk, and finished products. Informs supervisor if any discrepancy is found.
- Supports the Company's EHS Programs following established policies and trains in laboratory applicable EHS procedures and regulations that apply to specific job functions.
- Ensures that any waste (hazardous, non-hazardous or special waste) generated as part of his/her responsibilities is handled in compliance with applicable environmental regulations and in accordance to establish SOP's for handling waste.
- Supports the reduction or elimination of potential health hazards in the site.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- B.S. in Chemistry
- 3 years plus experience in pharmaceutical industry in a similar position desired.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- For the QC Chemical Laboratory Chemist License desired.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your
authentic self belongs and thrives.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.