Job descriptionPathways – one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Purchasing Specialist. This position is fully remote!
For your passion and dedication as a Purchasing Specialist, we offer paid training, career advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid holidays, and much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About Your Role...
Pathways is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Finance Team as the Purchasing Specialist. The Purchasing Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Financial Operations and be responsible for the integrity of our purchasing and inventory system. Responsibilities will include keeping vendor information current, maintaining good relationship with current vendors as well as developing relationships with potential vendors, preparing and processing purchase orders, and analyzing data to assess operational and project effectiveness. Additionally, the Purchasing Coordinator will assist with preparing descriptions and bids when necessary, and assist with developing and maintaining policies. This is an entry level position.
- Coordinate and manage all activities during the purchasing process; this includes reviewing purchase orders, ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained, contacting vendors, allocating to cost centers and submitting for payment
- Update and maintain the Asset Inventory Tracking System
- Document and track purchase orders using Microsoft Excel, Pathways User Management Software and other systems as required
- Contact vendors or suppliers in order to schedule deliveries
- Compare prices and specifications to assist in determining the best bid
- Track the status of requisitions and orders
- Keep employees up to date on the status of orders that have already been placed and assisting with any necessary returns
- Maintain and update vendor list
- Monitor various electronic systems and analyze data to assess operational effectiveness
- Review invoices for purchase and pricing of items prior to approval and sending to Accounts Payable
- Receive shipments/receipts in the Equipment Receiving Log
- Assist with purchase requests and other requests from Director of Financial Operations and CFO, as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills using different electronic systems and Excel
- High school diploma with 2 years’ experience in procurement / purchasing
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Focus on customer service and quality
- Ability to assess and quickly prioritize competing requests
- Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while effectively addressing the concerns from internal and external customers
- Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
- Creative, flexible, and self-motivated professional
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Possesses excellent time management skills with proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities at one time
- Maintains information in a confidential manner according to policy
Perks of Working Full-Time at Pathways:
- 401 K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid Vacation days that increase with tenure after the first year!
- Separate Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
- Access to Daily Pay: Get instant access to daily earnings and never wait for payday again!
If you're #readytowork Pathways is #readytohire!
Not the job you’re looking for?
Pathways has a variety of positions in various locations; please go to https://corporate.careerplug.com/jobs?locale=en-US
To Learn More About Us:
Pathways @ http://www.pathways.com/mission-vision-and-values/
Pathways @ https://www.pathways.com/
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
This is a remote position.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
CleanBnB DMV Washington, DC $20 - $30 an hour 30+ days ago
Customer Research, Inc. Remote From $10 an hour 6 days ago
Conrad Yelvington Distributors Inc Orlando, FL 32806 $21.37 an hour 29 days ago
Sedna Consulting Group Inc Remote $10.10 - $50.00 an hour 11 days ago
Printing Arts Broadview, IL 60155 $60,000 - $80,000 a year 3 days ago