As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates* – enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at www.vailresortscareers.com.
We are seeking a talented Public Relations Manager, Corporate Communications to promote and protect our company’s values-driven work through proactive media relations, effective storytelling, as well as through social media and website channel management. This role will serve as a spokesperson for Vail Resorts and will assist with issues management and crisis communications.
This leader will be responsible for developing, organizing and executing our company’s owned and earned media strategies. Accountable for Vail Resorts owned channels, you will ensure a consistent tone and narrative across social media accounts and our company website, and work to differentiate Vail Resorts as a trusted company and world-class employer of choice. You will know and understand what is happening across our organization and surface stories that matter to the company and to our culture.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated communications professional that possesses sound judgment and engaging writing skills. This role will take abstract or complicated projects and programs and turn them into simple and powerful narratives. This position will serve as an editor-in-chief, running the Vail Resorts newsroom and social media channels to best tell our stories and align our work to our values.
You will serve on the Communications team, a central function responsible for promoting Vail Resorts and its values; each of our world-class resorts; and the product that provides guests with unrivaled access to all of them, the Epic Pass.
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round
- Outlet: Corporate
- Other Specifics: Remote
- Create compelling content on owned channels to help tell the Vail Resorts story;
- Manage media relations for Vail Resorts - both reactively and through proactive outreach, to secure high-funnel and targeted media coverage;
- Manage media lists, media tracking, and reporting;
- Create, manage, and execute meaningful public relations strategies;
- Recommend awards and track nominations that help to further Vail Resorts’ reputation;
- Support the corporate communications function with content writing, implementation, thought leadership, and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in an external communications or PR role, and proven experience working with journalists
- Excellent writer able to draft nuanced communications on a variety of topics;
- Experience with all forms of external communications channels, especially news media, blog-style writing, and social media;
- Demonstrated understanding of crisis communications and issues management;
- Passionate and out-front individual with drive to develop as a leader;
- Proactive, self-starter who can manage independent projects
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills who builds and maintains highly effective working relationships internally and externally;
- A collaborative team player - strives for collective success
The budgeted range starts at $59,100 - $79,530 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Please note that the ability to work remotely, and the particulars related to such work, are subject to change at any time; and, accordingly, the Company reserves the right to change its policies and/or require in-person/in-office work at any time in its sole discretion.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 488147