Farmers Mutual of Nebraska is seeking a data entry Processor-Verifier in our Underwriting Departments. We’re experiencing incredible growth and are on the search for individuals who would like to grow with us. With a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, expanding beyond health insurance and a generous 401K, we offer an employee wellness program, a hybrid work-from-home policy for eligible employees (though all candidates must be available to work in our home office in downtown Lincoln, NE ), pension plan, and so much more. Please supply a cover letter and resume. Applications with cover letters will be given preferential review. Persons employed in the Processor-Verifier position are responsible for, but not limited to, data entry to process applications, reinstatements, cancellations, and endorsement requests using electronically imaged documents as the source document(s), proof, and assemble policies according to established company guidelines, as well as perform clerical duties of a routine nature.
Processor-Verifier Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform data entry functions using a personal computer to process applications, reinstatements, cancellations, and policy change requests using electronically imaged documents as the source document(s).
- Proof and assemble policies, which may include endorsements and billing notices for mailing to policyholders, mortgagees/lien holders, and/or agents.
- Know and use appropriate programs to perform transactions for the department.
- Proof and prepare Amended Declarations resulting from requested changes, which may include endorsements and billing notices, for mailing to policyholders, mortgagees/lien holders and/or agents.
- Determine whether a “credit” on the daily Refund List needs to be a “refund” check, a “charge” to the agency account or put on “hold” pending adjustment.
- Make necessary notations on the Refund List Report and CICS system, including annotating changes or corrections to the payee name(s), address, etc.
- Proof the updated Refund List report; send the updated report and documents to the Accounting Department to process the refund checks and mail appropriate “credit” documents to insureds and/or agents.
- Type endorsements, documents, and/or form letters at the direction of the manager or underwriters.
- Prepare “certificates of mailing”.
- Address daily report responsibilities and alert superiors to discrepancies.
- Order all forms, policies, and supplies as needed.
- Assist in compiling and reviewing various reports/duties on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Report to work on a timely and regular basis.
High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of six months’ prior office experience. Insurance background desired but not necessary.
- Ability to operate personal computer for data entry, some computer applications, and computer keyboard with accuracy and reasonable speed.
- Basic personal computer skills including Microsoft Windows preferred.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.