Job descriptionAbout Us: Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and transportation network. We’re proud to operate across 10 states west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners – because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program – and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance! Overview: Job Summary
Accountable for assuring accuracy of the store price scanning system as well as gathering and reporting competitive pricing. Consistently provide friendly and engaging customer service to internal and external customers. Perform related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintain an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis on taking care of the customer. Provide exceptional customer service by telephone, email, and in person to all employees, vendors, and customers.
- Maintains store pricing accuracy and compliance within company goals throughout the store. Verifies information with use of provided equipment makes necessary changes to file system through data entry, changes and/or replaces shelf tags, notifies retail pricing personnel with discrepancies, updates status of items as changes occur and general “trouble shooting”.
- Verifies and maintains accuracy of in store coupon discounts and specials.
- Researches and resolves pricing and information discrepancies.
- Performs "comp checks" by driving to competitor stores and checking prices of other stores; enters data, writes data, reads reports, transmits data by computer, etc.
- Makes signs and shelf tags as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Operating a handheld device, performing 10 key by touch, and using computer terminals.
- Performing organizational skills.
- Demonstrating excellent verbal inter-personal communication skills to establish and maintain a good rapport with co-workers, Supervisors, store personnel, vendors and other customers.
- Using sound judgment and mental alertness to make and be accountable for decisions.
- Must be dependable and demonstrate initiative.
- Consistently provide friendly and engaging customer service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate vendor direct store delivery (DSD) deals.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 2:00 am to 4:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Safely and efficiently drive to local competitor stores to gather pricing information.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Prioritize, delegate, direct and organize tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
- Communicate (hearing and speech) with customers and provide customer service while on the floor.
- Perform all tasks with integrity and extreme confidentiality.
- Reach, climb, balance, stoop and bend for the placement, removal and adjustment of tags and signs.
- Visually read reports, computer screen, etc.
- Remember various codes and understand/perform duties related to the scanning system.
- Climb stairs.
- Lift 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
- Acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles driving record.
- Office machines (e.g., copy machine, keyboard, computer terminal, telephone, computer printer, sign printer, Handheld Scanning Device, etc.).
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Everise +5 locationsRemote $150,000 - $180,000 a year EmployerActive 3 days ago
Trinity Consultants Salt Lake City, UT 84124 $20 - $30 an hour EmployerActive 3 days ago
Stoughton Trailers Stoughton, WI 53589 7 days ago
Cartel Marketing Indianapolis, IN $750 - $1,200 a week EmployerActive 5 days ago
Sorenson Insurance Remote $18 - $19 an hour 3 days ago