Job descriptionServes as a vital member of the patient care team by performing a variety of direct and indirect tasks as assigned. Reports directly to the Nursing Supervisor under direction of the RN or LPN, provides assistance with patient care as needed in areas of transport and at the bedside. Performs other tasks through out the hospital and parking deck pertaining to errands, transportation of patients and vehicles and surveillance. Participates on teams created to improve outcome quality through process improvement and team technologies. 1) Is available to escort patients from car to admitting, doctor's offices or any departmentIs available to escort patients from car to admitting, doctor's offices or any department 2) Obtains patient care items as requested and assists with the admission of patients as needed 3) Is able to take blood pressure, pulse, and respiration accurately only under the supervision of a nurse
4) Uses correct procedure for assisting patients in and out of wheel chair (with or without IV Fluids)
5) Understands that assistance may be given to patients that require lifting, bending, or stooping
6) Restocks supply/linen cabinets with gowns, blankets, washcloths, towels, and blankets and periodically replaces blankets in the blanket warmer
- Experience in hospital/patient care desired. Prefer completion of a nursing assistance course.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Able to meet the public and have a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver's license.
- BLS certification required by the end of employee provisional period.
- Provides quality patient care for the needs of the populations served and age specific groups as indicated: pediatric (>1 – 12 years), adolescent (>12 – 17 years), adult (>17 – 65 years), and geriatric (>65 years).