Lightyear Health is looking for an empathetic and tech-savvy Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to become part of our growing company that improves functional independence and quality of life. This role comes with work/life balance, as we anticipate this role to be roughly 32-40 hours a week, with no on call shifts and no weekends.
We are a healthcare technology startup that is changing what it means for patients to function optimally by delivering accessible, proactive, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) consultative services. Our team collaborates with individuals, families, and caregivers to design personalized care plans that address the holistic needs of each patient.
To help us achieve our mission, we are looking to hire a clinician who envisions a world where every patient has access to the world's best healthcare. This is a role serving patients in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and will report to our Director of PM&R APPs.
As a key member of our PM&R team, here's what you'll do:
- Conduct in-person visits with patients in skilled nursing facilities focused on mobility, functional recovery, and overall quality of care
- You will develop expertise in the specialty of PM&R, working with best-in-class PM&R physicians to develop care plans and treatment recommendations for pain management and the improvement of functional independence
- Provide consultation and make treatment recommendations in conjunction with members of the skilled nursing facility staff using a team-based approach
The most important skills for the role are:
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant licensed in Virginia
- Empathy and a genuine interest in providing care for patients with rehabilitation needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, high integrity, and ability to collaborate with patients, families, and the care team to accomplish life-changing outcomes
In addition to the above, it would be great if you also have (but not required):
- Specialty certification in Gerontology
- Experience working in SNFs or acute rehab setting
- Experience in PM&R, geriatrics, orthopedics, neurology, palliative care, pain management
Anticipated Salary Range
We're committed to an inclusive, consistent, and equitable approach to pay and anticipate that this position will earn roughly $130k-$150k + annually for 4 days (32 hours) a week, and roughly $160k-$190k + annually for 5 days (40 hours) a week. We'll cover all additional details in the course of the interview process. The exact salary will depend on one's census size and productivity (the more productive you are, the more earning potential you have).
Vaccinations & Credentials
Our vaccination policy for all clinical staff aligns with CDC's guidelines, including the Covid-19 vaccine and booster. Practitioners at Lightyear Health are responsible for meeting and complying with our credentialing verifications processes, clinical standards, health screenings, and vaccination policies at all times. It is the responsibility of the practitioner to ensure that your licenses, certifications, and credentials are kept up to date and in good standing.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
At Lightyear Health, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. If you're motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture, we'd love to hear from you.
Benefits for full-time W-2 employees include:
- Unlimited Vacation Time (and the ability to use it!)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Generous employer-contributed medical, vision, and dental health plans
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
More about us:
- Team: we have a diverse team, made up of clinical and non-clinical individuals all driven by our mission
- Remote-first: we are a distributed team across the US and Canada - we value collaboration and relationship building while respecting our team's geographies and time zones
- Transparency: we host bi-weekly All Hands meetings where new employees are introduced, company updates are shared, and no question is too big or too small to be answered
- Markets: Lightyear Health partners with facilities in the US, currently providing care for patients in California, Texas, and Virginia