TITLE: Administrative Building Secretary (10-month)
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time (1.0), school year position; salary commensurate with experience (range $21.35-$28.05/hour)
LOCATION: MiddleSchool, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All qualified candidates
The Administrative Building Secretary (10-month) provides routine clerical and secretarial assistance during the school year, including appointments, correspondence, and filing. The incumbent knows the informal policies, procedures and practices necessary to conduct the normal function of a specific section, unit, or work area, and is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the working unit.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software and office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, and calculator;
- Files in alphanumeric order and locates material from files;
- Types, proofreads and distributes reports, correspondence, and forms, occasionally of a confidential nature, and organizes and maintains both electronic and paper files of records and correspondence;
- Handles incoming mail and telephone communications. Regular and pleasant communication with parents, teachers, students, all building visitors, and representatives of various companies that serve our school, such as office supply and photocopier vendors. Makes and confirms appointments as directed, and receives and schedules visitors;
- Handles regular communication with parents and bus coordinator regarding bus schedules, routes, and bus changes;
- Organizes budget requests and creates/submits purchase orders and maintains a working knowledge of each budget area, and tracks expenditures (and remaining balances) from each;
- Tracks and distributes supplies that have been ordered and delivered;
- Other building-specific duties, as assigned.
To be considered qualified for the position of Administrative Building Secretary, candidates must have/be:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with courses in typing/word processing, business machine operation, and general office procedure;
- Good knowledge of arithmetic, spelling, and the English language;
- Skill in operating a personal computer and basic office software, such as the Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations;
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the supervisor(s) may find appropriate and in conformity with state and federal requirements.
Onlineis our preferred method of application, however, if you wish to apply by mail, please download and print the appropriate application form on our website:https://www.hopkinton.k12.ma.us/employment1
Send your completed application to:
Hopkinton Public Schools
89 Hayden Rowe St.
Hopkinton, MA 01748
Incomplete applications are not able to be considered.
The Hopkinton Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities. The Hopkinton Public School district is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workplace. The school systems educational philosophy and personnel goals, including the goal of equal employment opportunity, will be considered in filling all positions.