Are you a reporter who can use words, photos and video to deliver compelling news that will engage your audience? Are you able to develop a beat by building great contacts? Do you value strong enterprise reporting and know how to find the stories that matter?
The Tyler Morning Telegraph, a member of the M. Roberts Media family of newspapers, is seeking a Multimedia Reporter to cover Smith County and the surrounding area. Our Multimedia Reporters know how to develop sources and create compelling content. They are curious to a fault and dig until they get to the root of an issue. In this position you will be responsible for coverage of a variety of topics. You'll produce content across a wide range of media platforms to grow our readership.
The Multimedia Reporter will be a part of a combined East Texas newsroom, which features reporters based in Tyler and Longview, and collaboration with that team will be essential. We will expect you to be proficient in the coverage of breaking news and the creation of enterprise content.
So, what do you get? If you have the talent and drive, we'll tailor your assignments to meet your interests. You'll work with a close-knit, collegial newsroom with editors ready and willing to mentor you to do your best work. We'll help you develop your social media and mobile reporting skills (photography, video, Facebook Live). You'll learn how to use analytics as a tool to help inform coverage.
- Utilize a full range of digital tools including web, mobile, tablet, and print to develop, produce, and publish stories.
- Learn and master the latest technologies to assist in newsgathering and storytelling.
- Report on news in Smith County and its surrounding areas.
- Collaborate with a news team for outstanding results.
- Effectively cover breaking news and create enterprise content.
- Assist the Tyler-Longview combined newsroom, as necessary.
- Perform the role of a visual journalist, as needed, providing visuals and video to go with your stories.
- Work with your editor to understand analytics and what content we should be covering.
- An excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision plans.
- Long and short-term disability and life insurance at no cost.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- A generous Paid Time Off plan.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
- One year of experience preferred, though recent college graduates and applicants with related skills will be considered
- Strong writing, storytelling, and story structure skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understands imperatives of emerging and existing platforms, including web, mobile and print.
- Beats production deadlines.
- Experiments with new digital tools and platforms.
If you are ready to join an award-winning newsroom in a dynamic reporting position, apply today!