Level Up. Enjoy More.
SportStrata, a performance consulting practice led by Dr. Jonathan Fader, former clinical and performance psychologist to the New York Mets and New York Football Giants, is pleased to offer a full-time performance coach position. We are seeking a talented individual that is clinically trained with a passion for or experience in sport and performance. Coaches at SportStrata provide both mental health and mental performance services to athletes, performers, first responders and business executives across a wide variety of disciplines. Exact clients will vary depending on client demand and clinician preference. Applicants must be licensed or license eligible as mental health clinicians in New York state.
The SportStrata coaching team firmly believes every team – and every individual – has the potential to level up. We offer a broad spectrum of services such as mental health counseling, performance optimization, leadership development, and resilience training for teams and organizations. We work with people of all backgrounds to recognize their potential and own how they show up when the stakes are high. Our team’s training in mental health enables us to address the whole person.
Our coaching model is inclusive, systematic, research-driven, and energizing. We integrate evidence-based techniques into dynamic and customized programs that create immediate impact and transform how teams and individuals lead and compete. Most of all, we believe that enjoyment and success are not mutually exclusive; rather, enjoyment fuels high performance.
Ultimately, our goal is to heighten teams’ and individuals’ success through targeted training to create long-lasting and sustainable change across the strata of performance.
Compensation is competitive depending on performance and workload. Benefits include 401k, health insurance, professional development, and mentorship.
If interested, please submit the following application materials:
- Cover Letter, describing experience with or interest in sport and performance
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae 2-3 Professional References
- After initial review, qualified applicants will be asked to submit a video with responses to predefined questions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide individual short- and long-term, multiculturally competent mental health counseling and performance coaching for athletes, executives and other high-performers with diverse presenting concerns.
- Engage in identification, treatment planning, and referral for clients who may require a higher level of and/or specialized mental health care.
- Integrate and collaborate with Union Square Practice, the partner clinical mental health practice of SportStrata.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information in accordance with company procedures, state and federal laws, and ethical codes.
- Provide sport psychology team sessions, presentations, outreach, and workshops to community groups, competitive athletic teams, and corporate executives.
- Participate in case management, peer consultation, business meetings, and professional development activities.
- Maintain excellent record-keeping and exhibit strong communication skills.
- Maintain a team-oriented and growth mindset and display a willingness to support the team in times of need.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g., assist with administrative activities).
Some unconventional hours may be required.
- Current New York license (LP) or ability to obtain NY license. Interest or background in sport and performance.
- Ability to adapt to complex situations and work independently.
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively initiate and foster relationships with athletes, coaches, staff, other clinicians, and various other stakeholders. Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to provide multiculturally competent clinical services.
- Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to proficiently conduct, document, and evaluate individuals.
- Experience working in a private practice and/or working as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Personal or professional experience working with athletes/performers. Comfort presenting to and working with groups of all ages and backgrounds. Excellent public speaking skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Therapists & Counselors: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location