Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time Medical Assistant-Post Procedure at our West Jordan location.
- Pain clinic in West Jordan, UT is looking for a full time Post Op MA to join our procedure team. Great opportunity for a CNA or EMT looking for a regular daytime schedule. All shifts are weekday, business hours, no evenings or holidays. Also perfect for pre-med or pre-PA school students looking for clinical hours, providing direct patient care in a clinical setting. The Post Op Medical Assistant is an integral part of the procedure team, working with physicians, nurses and Rad Techs to provide patients with an exceptional experience.
Provide post-procedure care for patients being seen for interventional pain treatments such as epidural spine injections, nerve blocks, etc.
On the job training will be provided for Entry-level Medical Assistant, EMT or CNA.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Medical Assistant, OR Tech, CNA or other healthcare training with knowledge of basic patient care, vital signs, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and time management are key to being successful in this position.
- Proven customer service and effective communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult patient conversations with kindness and compassion.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical record systems; scheduling, prescriptions, chart review, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate in English.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assist procedure team with transferring patients from procedure table to wheelchair.
- Transport patients via wheelchair from procedure room to recovery room.
- Assist patients from wheelchair to recovery chair.
- Obtain, document and communicate post-procedure vital signs to RN/physician.
- Educate patients and their family members on after-care instructions.
- Provide patients with follow up plan, occasional scheduling of future procedures, follow up visits.
- Prepare prescriptions via EMR for post-procedure medications as needed.
- Transport or assist patients out after recovery period.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Healthcare Training
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Physical work; assisting with patient transfers and wheelchair transport.
- Repetitive motion associated with transporting patients, operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions as well as outside, possible all weather conditions.
Granger Medical Clinic offers competitive wages, potential for quarterly bonuses, and excellent benefits. Benefits include:
- Sick leave
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with a Company Match, Profit Share, and Safe Harbor contributions
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.