Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Rockville, MD)
Company Background: Temple Allen Industries (www.templeallen.com) is a small technology firm headquartered in Rockville, MD, just outside of Washington D.C. Temple Allen Industries was founded in 2003 on the belief that we can change how some of the hardest jobs in industry are done so that workers don’t have to choose between their job and their health. We build tools and solutions that protect workers, make them more valuable to their employers, and improve the company bottom line. The firm has enjoyed particular success in serving a prestigious list of aerospace and marine clients in both its commercial and defense sectors and is currently developing a line of smart automation products which promise to dramatically reshape the industrial robotics and human augmentation landscape.
Position: Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a few exceptional candidates who have graduated from a competitive program in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, or related disciplines to consider joining the elite team at Temple Allen Industries in Rockville, MD.
We give everyone who joins our team a lot of trust and responsibility. We operate with the assumption that everyone will do the right thing. As part of our Engineering team, you will bring your talents, energy, and dedication to the cutting edge and interdisciplinary development of industrial automation technologies that integrate unique mechanical / pneumatic tooling with a collaborative automation controls methodology that incorporates Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
· Generate and maintain technical documentation, such as Bill of Materials (BOM), drawings, schematics, manuals, and assembly guides
· Prepare detail designs of components and assemblies for presentation to the project manager
· Conduct engineering analysis of component designs for strength, weight, manufacturability, stress points, etc.
· Ensure manufacturability of designs
· Prepare conceptual renderings in support of business development
· Develop and execute verification and validation tests
· Coordinate with multidisciplinary team to optimize system reliability and performance
· Take ownership of completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of tasks and recommend more effective approaches where appropriate
· Prepare reports in support of evaluating designs for cost-effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality, and value
· Supports other company functions and customers as needed
Key Qualifications include:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with a strong academic record
- 3D modeling proficiency (SolidWorks preferred)
- Positive attitude with inquisitive nature
- Self-starter, driven and energetic
Preferred Skills and Expertise include:
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with spark-proof enclosures and UL Listing procedures
- Experience with design for manufacturability for the following machining processes – CNC, weldment, 3D printed parts, extruded parts, cast and injection molded parts, etc.
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience. This is a salaried, non-exempt position.
Temple Allen is a non-smoking environment.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: Robotic/Robotics, Mechatronics/Mechatronic, Software, Program, Programming, Automation, Full Stack, Design, Mechanical, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, AI/ML, Data Structures, Development, Systems, Analysis, Modeling
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
All employees must be vaccinated, and maintain booster status consistent with CDC guidance. Everyone is masked at work, and surfaces are cleaned regularly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rockville, MD 20850: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location