Join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is the North American market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. See links below to learn more about Siemens Mobility:
As a Mechanical Assembler, you will support a broad range of activities in a dynamic, high energy production environment in final assembly of the best rail vehicles in the world.
What we are offering
Full time position
Starting pay - $17.00/hr. (plus shift premium – 10% for 2nd shift, 20% for 3rd shift)
11 paid holidays, 18 days PTO
401K – 6% company match
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
What you will be doing
· Mechanical assembly of component parts and sub-assemblies into finished rail vehicles according to engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
· Read and understand assembly drawings, bills of materials, and assembly instructions.
· Safely use hand and power tools.
· Certification for the use of some tools and equipment may be required, such as crane, forklift and fall protection equipment.
· Complete work order documentation, quality documents, and accurately clock labor hours.
· Meet company standards for quality and workmanship
· Meet production schedule, quality requirements, and budgeted labor hours with limited supervision.
· Explain assembly procedures and techniques to fellow workers.
· Follow all safety requirements, including use of all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Contribute to and maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
What you need to be successful
· High school education or GED
· Basic English skills – ability to read and understand written instructions and effectively communicate verbally.
· General mechanical background.
We would be impressed if you have
· Basic understanding of metric system measurements.
· Previous experience in the assembly of large, complex capital equipment
· Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a background check and drug screen.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
o Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
o Frequently required to climb, such as, but not limited to stairs, steps, and ladders.
o Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
o Performs work overhead.
o Talk and hear.
o Lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
o Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.40 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in
accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Work Location: One location