Job descriptionMAINTENANCE WORKER (RFT/FACILITIES MAINTENANCE) Job Number: 220002CH Primary Location : United States-Hawaii-Pearl Harbor Other Locations : United States-Hawaii-JBPHH Organization : Pearl Harbor Pay Range : Starting pay $18.00
Performs tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings grounds fixtures equipment Navy Lodge guest rooms etc. Typical assignments include simple painting plumbing carpentry and electrical repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Receives assignments orally or in the form of work orders. Responsible for selecting the proper tools methods and techniques to complete assignment. Receives advice guidance in connection with unusual problems. Work is subject to review both during progress and upon completion for compliance with job requirement. Performs or assists in performing all or a combination of the following
- Performs minor carpentry tasks to items such as doors windows furniture cabinets platforms bins pallets etc. Uses tools such as hammers hand-saws planes screwdrivers and power tools. - Inspects and ensures the proper working condition of equipment machinery and facilities by regularly performing property walk-throughs and inspections.
- Prepares surfaces and paints a variety of interior items such as shelves counters and similar items. Uses premixed paints paints surfaces according to directions cleans and maintains brushes and other painting equipment.
- May assist in the installation and repair of broken pipes leaky faucets clogged drains etc. Uses such tools as wrenches hacksaw pipe cutters etc.
- Performs electrical repairs to appliances light fixtures and or light switches by replacing or insulating defective wiring etc. Visually inspects repairs to ensure that damaged or broken equipment is repaired replaced properly. Utilizes a variety of tools such as test lamps ammeter etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment such as fans air conditioners water coolers grills broilers heat lamps and other appliances. Cleans changes filters cleans condenser lubricates various machinery parts and makes minor adjustments to belt tensions. Cleans out dust from coolers ventilation ducts and cooling vents.
- May perform preventive maintenance on forklifts hydraulic pallets jacks and conveyors checking for leaks proper water levels and that making sure that brake and clutch pedals are operating properly. Tightens bleed-off valve cleans filter oil reservoir and breather etc.
- Maintains compliance with local safety regulations. Informs supervisor of hazardous conditions and unserviceable items.
- Takes periodic inventory of maintenance stock and equipment as required.
- May respond to customer questions regarding the operation of Navy Lodge room appliance and fixtures as applicable.
- Carries out policy of courtesy and customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT Is required to stand stoop bend kneel climb and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts and carries material weighing up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS Works inside and outside is exposed to dust and spray fumes in connection with painting responsibilities. Is also exposed to cuts and bruises
One year of experience that provided the applicant with knowledge of general maintenance practices involving the upkeep of buildings grounds fixtures equipment etc.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE
One year of high school education may be substituted for 3 months of general experience up to a High School Diploma or GED for one year of general experience.
One year of general maintenance work in involving simple maintenance work such as painting plumbing carpentry and electrical repairs.
Standing stooping bending kneeling climbing and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts and carries material weighing up to 50 pounds.
Schedule : Full-Time (35 + hours) Unposting Date : May 23, 2022, 4:59:00 AM