Discover the Westmark Difference!!
Are you looking for a career? Do you want to be valued as an individual on a team? Do you want to learn, grow, and make a difference in your community? Westmark offers outstanding stability, a variety of career opportunities and exceptional work/life balance.
- 60 % of our employees have been part of the Westmark family for 5+ years.
- 71% of our employees who have been part of the Westmark family for one year or more have received at least one promotion.
- 85% of our managers were promoted from within the company.
- Westmark has been in business since 1954 and has recently grown to over $1.2 billion in assets, 15 branches, and over 70,000 members!
We also have some of the most impressive benefits in the industry:
- Paid Time Off (3 to 5 weeks per year, depending on tenure) PLUS 11 paid holidays.
- Excellent health insurance options for employees and family with shared premiums
- 401k with 75% company match and 2% profit sharing contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarships
- Employee Assistance Program (Free counseling and legal services)
This is a full time position. Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Initiate collection efforts on delinquent accounts by telephone, letter, or in person
- Maintain an overall standard ratio of calls per day and a set standard of collectible percentages
- Thoroughly and accurately document all collection activity
- Effect repossession of collateral in accordance with policy
- Thoroughly complete Negative Queue at least twice a week
- Ensure Legal and Collection documents are prepared in a timely manner
- Perform any and all duties as assigned by VP of Legal/Collections Administration or Collections Manager
- Is able to interact with members and co-workers professionally and with integrity
- Shows a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Maintains a reliable attendance record and takes responsibility for their own actions
- Represents Westmark, both during and after work hours, in a courteous, professional manner
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to use a PC, calculator, typewriter and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Effective oral and written communication and problem solving skills
- Understanding and adherence to the Fair Debt Collections Act, Bankruptcy and Privacy Act
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior Collections experience preferred