Job descriptionReference EPR006423 Posting Reference IND4 Location Houston, TX, USA Type Full Time Job Category Quality Apply for this Job
EthosEnergy is recruiting for a Level 2 NDT Inspector to conduct non-destructive testing (NDT) inspections of gas turbine parts using fluorescent penetrant, magnetic particle and dye penetrant inspection techniques. Use knowledge of products, manufacturing processes, assembly processes, and NDT methods to process parts, interpret results and determine the condition of the parts as to repair scrap or serviceability based on EthosEnergy’s designated inspection criteria.
- Setup, calibrate and maintain non-destructive test (NDT) equipment.
- Conduct non-destructive testing inspections using fluorescent penetrant, magnetic particle and dye penetrant inspection techniques.
- Perform minor blending operations to remediate crack indications.
- Inspect parts using traditional precision measurement tools as required; typical tools include Verniers, Calipers, Micrometers, Depth Gauges and run-out fixtures.
- Conduct detailed inspection and receipt inspection of repaired parts.
- Make informed decisions on the routing of parts for repair using EthosEnergy specifications, criteria, procedures and tolerances as guidelines.
- Conduct applicable data entries in ERP system (iFlight) for the production receipt of all repair components.
- Conduct the disposition of incoming equipment, ensure the smooth flow of material and coordination with vendors in support of workshop overhaul activities, and provide in-process quality control support to production.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior employees in the field of NDT inspection.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of and proactive engagement on HSE requirements.
- Strong focus on and passion for both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated positive and constructive attitude.
- Working knowledge of high-speed rotational machinery build standards and requirements.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to stay calm, level headed and flexible in support of changing external and internal customer needs.
- Ability to teach and motivate other shop personnel
- Competent IT skills including the use MS Word and Excel.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Show a willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Experience and general knowledge in the use of precision engineering tooling.
- Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and lifting (up to 75 pounds).
- Able to pass test for assessment of normal color vision.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- 3 years’ experience in the field of NDT inspection (Dye penetrant, FPI, and MPI).
- Current level II ASNT NDT certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to work in a busy workshop environment and be able to lift gas turbine parts weighing up to 75 lb.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.