- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- Written and/or verbal fluency in both Italian and English languages
- Experience using MS Office Professional Suite in a professional work environment, including Excel
Amazon is searching for a smart and motivated individual to serve on its Law Enforcement Response (LER) team. The LER team consists of a dedicated group of specialists who are responsible for responding to law enforcement requests (e.g., subpoenas, search warrants) received from government agencies globally. Amazon is seeking a talented individual who can contribute to this critical function as the company continues to grow and scale around the world.
Each LER specialist’s principal duty is to make sure that requests are processed professionally and expeditiously, all while ensuring the privacy and security of business and customer information in accordance with the law and with Amazon’s various policies and procedures. This requires great judgment and experience dealing with challenging and ambiguous situations. Because the LER team is global in scope, LER Specialists must be able to interface effectively with Amazon employees and law enforcement personnel located in other countries.
Candidates must be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work independently and at times with little supervision.
Key job responsibilities
- Evaluate and respond to law enforcement requests in a manner consistent with the privacy and security of business and customer information, in accordance with the law and with Amazon’s various policies and procedures
- Receive and process emergency law enforcement requests both during and outside of normal business hours, and sometimes overnight
- Utilize a combination of manual and automated tools to compile information potentially responsive to a particular law enforcement request
- Communicate verbally and in writing with law enforcement personnel, Amazon employees, outside counsel, and others
- Assist in the identification of patterns and trends that might be evident from the processing of certain law enforcement requests
- Prior experience with making and/or responding to law enforcement requests
- Prior experience engaging with law enforcement personnel
- SQL database proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and judgment
- Ability to work and to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with high-volume workflows
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with internal and external clients and customers
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Rise Remote $60,000 - $80,000 a year EmployerActive 5 days ago
Momenta Group Remote $50 - $75 an hour EmployerActive 2 days ago
Western Piedmont Community College Morganton, NC 28655 $4,014 - $5,017 a month 8 days ago