Part time working a minimum of 12 hours per week and a maximum of 29 hours per week.
REMOTE POSITIONS ONLY. APPLICANTS’ PERMANENT RESIDENCE MUST BE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES:
Proofread and format speech-to-text output to client specifications in order to create accessible transcripts and captions for audio and video content.
Key Tasks: Utilize transcription software to listen to audio and proofread transcripts and captions.
- Format and proofread transcripts and captions quickly and according to client specifications.
- Research proper formatting, grammar, and spelling.
- Submit transcripts to management for review.
- Communicate and collaborate with peers and managers to ensure effective cooperation.
Required Skill set: Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences, grammar, and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time.
- Communication: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Windows laptop or PC
- Reliable internet connection
- Microsoft Word
- Microphone and camera for virtual meetings
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Up to $12.50 per hour
Work Location: Remote