The Investment Analyst position is an Entry/Mid level position within the Investment Management Department at SFMG Wealth Advisors. Applicant will require strong communication, interactive skills, and be team-oriented. This person also needs to be extremely organized, detailed oriented, and have the ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement*
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)*
- Assist with any activities necessary regarding our Portfolio Management Software
- Assist with maintenance and execution of trades needed in Trading / Rebalancing software
- Portfolio data entry for clients and prospective clients using tools such as Morningstar
- Preparation for proposing account allocations
- Maintain research data used for weekly and monthly investment committee meetings
- Assist with preparation of monthly newsletter and special notices
- Other investment and brokerage related projects as needed
- Maintain model portfolios across all internal systems
- Manage alternative investment information and maintenance
- Ensure data integrity across our systems
- Seek ways to improve operational efficiency
- Facilitate communication and meeting scheduling with vendors & wholesalers
- Manage security classifications
- Reconciliation of trading activity
Skills & Abilities*
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; preferred
Experience: 0-3 years financial service or other relevant experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Extensive background in Windows and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Department: Investment Management*
Job Status: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Investment Officer
Position Eligible for Telework: NO
Work Schedule: *
M-F; hours may vary by day between 8:00AM – 5:00PM
This position is located in Plano TX.
Competitive compensation based on experience. Strong benefits with health insurance, dental insurance fully paid by the employer for employee coverage and 401k and match available.
Instructions for applying for this position:
Please submit a cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format. Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter that states why you would be a good fit for this position and the compensation range you wish to discuss. Also in your cover letter, please describe your three most defining characteristics or attributes. This exercise is meant to show us your writing skills and ability to follow directions as well as to help us get to know you. Note that you must follow these exact instructions, or your resume will be rejected. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time