Job descriptionJob Details
Job LocationSpringdale Power Station - Springdale, PA
IPSC is a leading provider of 3rd Party O&M, Asset Management and Remote Operations services for the power industry. We manage over forty facilities nationwide producing over 14 GW of energy. Our company is actively working to provide a pathway for those individuals who have an interest in entering the energy industry. Or even providing an opportunity to create an interest to a candidate that is not aware of opportunities in the power industry.
We are committed to making Diversity, Respect, and Inclusion part of everything we do — from how we work together, build our workforce, get involved with our local communities, and choose outside partnerships. We encourage women and other underrepresented groups in STEM programs or who have interest in learning more about power plants to apply!
IPSC would like to establish a pathway for students, or alumni who have a passion for energy production, through a 12–16-week paid internship program. IPSC is also keenly focused on being part of the world’s green initiatives, transitioning how energy is produced, and seeks future leaders to drive these optimistic goals.
If you are interested in power generation, management, engineering, regulatory compliance, or process improvement this is the summer internship for you. Come with the right attitude and aptitude; and we will teach the skills!
- Complete web-based safety, environmental, compliance, and operational training.
- Gain exposure to the broad range of power generation career paths by shadowing various craft and management level personnel.
- Learn the basic function and safe use of tools used in power generation.
- Document your experience and present a summary of your time at Armstrong Power to Management.
- Currently enrolled in a 2–4-year program
- At least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
All candidates should have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Interest in learning about what it is like to work in a power plant environment.
- Commitment to following all safety protocols, time and attendance policies and following directions.
- Ability to grasp new concepts.
- Willingness to learn from others and work in a team environment.
Salary Range: $20.00- $25.00 per hour.
Work Schedule: TBD
Travel Percentage: None
IHI Power Services Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may have to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as asked, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described here may be subject to modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.