Sr. Advertising Sales Representative
Professional Sports Publications - New York, NY
The Job at a Glance: Leading, well established sports publishing firm seeking Sales Reps to sell advertising space for numerous college and professional sports publications. Knowledge of sports a plus. The ideal candidate must be comfortable on the phone and able to converse professionally with top level executives at major businesses and corporations. Reps go through an extensive and on-going training program designed to optimize sales. No lead generation is required. Qualified leads are provided enabling Reps to focus on the sales and closing cycle and establishing relationships with clients. We offer a unique competitive but friendly atmosphere. Dress code is business casual.
We offer a professional environment with competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience and performance.
Salary is $70,000 per year with unlimited potential to earn more based on sales. Additionally we offer employee benefits which include: Health and dental insurance, Health Savings account (HSA), 401(k), and paid time off.
What We Are Looking For/Elements of the Job:
- Self- motivated and industrious individuals.
- Candidates who are comfortable on the phone and able to speak clearly, articulately and confidently to business executives.
- Able to thrive in a competitive environment that fosters results.
- Enjoys challenges, incentives and rewards.
- Our training program is designed to be an on going process with a helpful management team that is invested in the success of each of our reps.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Self motivated individuals who are goal oriented and understand that hard work results in financial success
- Outgoing and sociable – you pride yourself on being able to strike up a conversation with ease to just about anyone
- Able to handle a fast paced work environment and adapt quickly to change
- At least two years of phone or in person sales experience necessary
- On-going training to help Reps succeed.
- The opportunity to talk sports with clients.
- Incentives and rewards for both sales and referrals.
- Casual dress code.
- Great work/life balance. This is not a “take your work home” job. Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Established and highly respected print products.
Professional Sports Publications is an authorized sales agent for the premier publishers of high quality sports and other publications. Our portfolio includes over 500 colleges, universities, athletic conferences and professional sports franchises nationwide. We specialize in the development and production of game programs, yearbooks and annuals covering all sports and special events. We strive to develop and produce quality sports publications that meet the needs of our clients. Our publications assist our clients in promoting themselves and their sports programs to fans, students, alumni, the media and the general public. We offer a wide range of services including advertising sales, layout, graphics and production. Our staff possesses the necessary expertise and technical background to assist our clients in developing quality, cost effective publications or improving existing ones.
Professional Sports Publications is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Professional Sports Publications will consider college graduates who possess a degree in any concentration or major. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Work Location: One location