Job description• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience • 3+ years Amazon HR experience in HR/ER escalations (i.e. EEOC, Misconduct, etc.) and HR shared services and/or center of excellence • Highly organized, able to effectively manage competing priorities under pressure • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to express empathy and patience • Strong attention to detail and ability to context switch between different HR Operational processes • Strong Bias for Action and Customer Obsession to deliver results to customers in a timely manner with high quality
The HR Core Services team supports one of Amazon’s most exciting businesses: Devices & Services (the innovator behind Alexa, Kindle, and Echo). We are seeking a dynamic and motivated HR Generalist to intake highly sensitive HR and Employee Relations (ER) issues, provide expert advice on HR operational processes and policies via case management (i.e. Immigration, Leave of Absence (LOA), etc.), identify pain points and support efforts to streamline HR operational processes, and support exit/transfer interviews.
This role requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge related to HR/ER issues and HR Operational processes, and relentless customer advocacy and coordination with multiple teams to identify root cause. Key focuses for the HR Generalist role are 1) intake of highly sensitive HR and ER issues and 2) supporting HR Operational escalations. This role is also responsible for identifying the pain points and paper cuts associated with HR Operational processes, recognizing trends related to defects and self-service delivery gaps, and collaborating with key service teams to drive resolutions at the root.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
- Intake highly sensitive HR and Employee Relations issues
- Independently review HR and ER issues from a central queue, assigning to the HR Partner team as appropriate and re-directing out-of-scope cases to stakeholder teams
- Become SME for key areas of focus, understanding the process and key stakeholders.
- Provide HR operational process support via case management, including processing Job Code Changes and connecting the employee/manager with the correct resource/team for resolution.
- Streamlines key areas of focus by surfacing/eliminating non-value-added process in the employee experience/HR Workflow
- Remove barriers, influence process design, and bridge gaps between HR support and the employee experience.
- Flag pain points and make recommendations to improve HR Operational processes, identify opportunities for quick wins, and drive them forward.
- Analyze aggregate casework data to identify issue trends and opportunities continuous process improvements to provide a seamless employee experience through self-service resources.
- Creates mechanism to surface data and insights for Monthly Business Review data (MBRs) to include key area and assigned project work
- Change Management: Clearly defines roles & responsibilities for stakeholders through RACIs, Standard of Procedures (SOPs), etc.
• HR Operational processes knowledge strongly preferred (i.e. immigration, LOA, payroll ops, etc.) • Proven experience working cross-functionally to solve complex problems • Experience in case management tools (i.e. Panorama, Exact, etc.) • Ability to manage high-volume of cases/requests for support • Comfortable reviewing and analyzing data to identify trends, themes, and opportunities Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $51,300 - 89,800/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
ARUP Laboratories Salt Lake City, UT 84108 (East Bench area)+3 locations $19.12 an hour 4 days ago
Publicis Media New York, NY 10014 (SoHo area) 2 days ago
Language Link Remote in Mesa, AZ $16 - $18 an hour EmployerActive 1 day ago
Tacombi Arlington, VA 22202 (Aurora Highlands area) $15 - $35 an hour 1 day ago