Uchi / Uchiba Dallas is accepting resumes for Hosts! In this role, you will support service by managing reservations and walk-ins, setting guest expectations, and creating memorable guest experiences. We will teach you everything you need to know to be successful in this role!
Who we are: Hai Hospitality is an exciting, multi-concept, emerging restaurant group based in Austin, Texas. Our award-winning restaurant concepts include Uchi, Uchiko, and Loro in Austin, Texas; Uchi Houston; Uchi and Uchiba in Dallas; Uchi in Denver, and Uchi in Miami. James Beard Award winning Chef, Tyson Cole, celebrates traditional Japanese cuisine and blends the creative expression of some of the Nation's most talented culinary voices.
Hosts at Uchi / Uchiba earn an average of $22.00 per hour after training, between hourly compensation and tips.
What you'll do in this role:
- Acquaint yourself with our menu and Japanese cuisine. We'll provide all the info you need to succeed!
- Learn about beer, wine, and sake through peer-led beverage training and provide excellent cocktail service while guests wait for their table
- Maintain awareness of pace of dining room and communicate with team to ensure smooth transitions during table turns
- Review, plan, and execute table placement and preference for reservations, communicating guest notes with managers and servers
- Build trust with guests and keep them updated while they wait for their table
- Our hosts also cocktail guests while waiting (drinks and snacks) and make tips on their transfers
- Be present, active, and engaging on the floor and collaborate with entire team during service
What we're looking for in an Host candidate:
- Passion for food and beverage
- Teamwork, humility, and collaboration
- Positive attitude, solution-oriented
- Self-motivated and self-aware
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Takes initiative and has a sense of urgency
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Embraces feedback and wants to constantly improve
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharing
- Good sense of humor
Why you'll love working with us:
- Supportive, collaborative teams who share your passion for hospitality
- Fun, creative work environment that challenges you daily
- Lucrative compensation package (this is a well-tipped position)
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Accident insurance options available
- Employee Assistance Program with mental health services available
- Wine / Beer / Sake purchase program at wholesale prices and wine of the month club
- Continuing education reimbursement – sommelier, cicerone, sake professional
- Opportunity to grow - we promote from within almost exclusively
- Knife reimbursement program and knife sharpening opportunities
- Unique and inclusive specials tasting process
- Cultural Ambassador trips to other stores to learn and teach
- Daily family meal provided for all employees
- Dining Discounts and monthly dining stipends
- Referral bonuses and incentives for being a great teammate
The Hai experience: It’s about hospitality and giving back. Our teams take pride in their work ethic, their craft, and their creativity. Feel proud of where you work, help create an experience for our guests, and work with other cool, passionate people.