About Scenic Group:
From humble beginnings in Newcastle, Australia, to a global company with business centers in Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, USA, Canada, and the UK, Scenic and Emerald Cruises are a true success story within the travel industry. The Scenic story began in 1986, when our founder Glen Moroney began operating coach tours throughout Australia, quickly expanding into New Zealand, Norfolk Island, and South Africa. By the end of the decade, Scenic was hosting tours to Canada and Alaska, and in 2008 we launched our unique Space-Ships and began offering luxury all-inclusive river cruises throughout Europe. In 2019, Scenic also launched the World’s First Discovery yacht, Scenic Eclipse. Emerald Cruises was formed in 2013 to offer a contemporary and inclusive cruise experience. Fast forward to 2021 and we have 9 Star-Ships sailing the worlds celebrated rivers and eagerly awaiting two brand new luxury superyachts launching in 2022 and 2023, set to sail the coastlines of the Med, Black Sea, Red Sea and Indian Ocean.
Flights Consultant- Reservations Global
Build a career with a global company. Supportive Leadership Team & Company Culture
Do you have a desire to deliver exceptional travel experiences to your guests? Love talking about amazing travel destinations such as Europe, Africa, South America and Antarctica to name a few? Have exceptional communication, customer service and GDS skills? Able to problem-solve and wok directly with guests and travel advisor partners to deliver 5-star quality service? ..... Then we are looking for you!
We are currently recruiting for a home-based Flights Consultant for our Call Center Operations team handling USA guests & travel advisor partners.
This is a full-time phone-based role so you must be a great communicator with sharp listening skills.
We offer training with our experienced leaders who will give you all the tools and continued guidance that you need to be a successful Flights Consultant.
Essential Functions for this Role:
To provide a 5-star service experience to our guests and partners. Achieve product sales through handling inquiries, booking and amending reservations as well as quoting air fares to meet client needs. Accurately issue tickets, complete weekly settlement reports, and action all associated air functions in a timely manner.
- Receive inbound telephone calls, action web and email requests and undertake outbound calling in relation to inquiries and/or bookings.
- Accurately identify customer requirements and produce accurate air/land quotations and booking advices in a timely manner.
- Undertake air routing, air ticketing and Sabre GDS tasks, including but not limited to schedule changes, disruptions, cancellations, refunds and reporting.
- Report all air issues which may adversely affect profit margin in a timely manner.
- Assist & educate team members and travel agents by sharing knowledge.
- Problem solve, make suggestions and give feedback.
- Understanding and compliance of all policies and procedures.
- May be asked to help with inbound calls, Quality Assurance or Documentation tasks.
- Maintain adherence to fixed schedules to support call volume.
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions.
- Participate in company annual performance reviews.
Other duties within this role:
This job description is not designed to cover all of the comprehensive duties and responsibilities of the Flights Consultant role. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with limited notice.
Your Skill set will include:
- GDS experience in booking, ticketing, exchanges, refunds, ARC & Trams reporting
• Knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles • Airline Contract experience
- Proven 5-star customer service and selling skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new products, maintain product knowledge and adapt to new job-related information
• Active listening and questioning skills • Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to portray and articulate, professional image to a broad range of customers
- Sound Computer and multitasking skills
- Ability to contribute positively in a team environment; strong team player
- Strong initiative and the ability to set priorities, make decisions, take appropriate action and operate with minimal guidance or supervision
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under pressure.
- An ability and willingness to work towards exceeding company goals and values while exhibiting honesty, integrity and fairness
It is desirable for you to have
- Travel Industry experience required, Contact Center experience a plus.
- Sabre GDS experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Available to work variable weekday shifts and be available weekend hours as necessary
Scenic Tours USA, Inc. offers very attractive compensation package including a competitive salary and rich benefits package including, Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage and a 401k plan with a company match.
Scenic Tours USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time