I. Job Summary
The Server is responsible for supporting the seamless running of the restaurant by providing a highly efficient and effective service, ensuring standards are maintained and customer needs are anticipated. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships amongst the restaurant and the kitchen team.
II. Essential Job Functions
· Provides a speedy, efficient and professional level of service at all times.
· Is responsive to any guest’s request.
· Controls section during service, taking orders and issuing bills.
· Ensures that all customers receive the best possible service and care.
· Maximizes sales opportunities through good service and table scanning.
· Makes side dishes or appetizers tableside for any customer.
· Runs drinks from the service bar if needed to the customer.
· Cuts any meat tableside if needed.
· Makes meat tartar or tuna tartar tableside if needed.
· Runs food to any table as needed.
· Works with restaurant staff to create a positive dining experience for guests.
· Greets customers and answers any and all questions.
· Alerts team members when tables are in need of attention, if they are not present assists them in helping with their tables.
· Has knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
· Ensures tables are enjoying their meals and takes action to correct any problems.
· Collects payments from tables.
· Arrives at work for scheduled shifts and is punctual, always following company absence, lateness procedure if unable to do so.
· Treats company property with due care and attention.
· Attends meetings / training sessions as required by the management team.
· Adheres to and maintains cleaning checklists and carries out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Is aware of restaurant / company skills and standards, ensuring these are followed.
· Informs managers of any complaints / comments / perceived issues.
· Is hands-on and present in the restaurant at all times during service.
· Has a thorough knowledge of the food and dessert menu.
· Communicates any issues or ideas to the management team.
· Becomes a professional, valued member of the team with a flexible approach to improving customer experience.
· Cleans tables and removes dishes after the customer leaves, or as needed.
· Carries loads of soiled dirty dishes to the dishwasher to be cleaned.
· Ensures availability of clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins, and other dining materials.
· Resets tables when customer leaves for next customer party.
· Is able to remain focused and on-task.
· Sweeps and mops floors, even in the event that items are broken or spilled.
These describe the behavior you will need to demonstrate to carry out your job effectively:
· Maintains a high customer awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
· Is financially aware of costs involved in the operations and are responsible to control costs.
· Is motivated and committed to your personal development, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
· Is adaptable, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements, which may mean getting involved in procedures that are not normally part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
· Maintains high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department and restaurant goals. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues
· Ensures that the quantity of work is sufficiently productive under the normal business levels.
III. Additional Duties
· Performs other job-related duties as directed.
· To work as a team player at all times and be prepared to be flexible in order to ensure that operations are always as efficient and profitable as possible.
IV. Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
· High School Diploma
· Good communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to handle stressful situations and be able to prevent and/or handle emergency situations.
· A cheerful, positive attitude when working with a variety of people, and be able to work well under pressure.
· Responsible, neat and clean in appearance.
· Strong communication skills with supervisors and team members.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $1,200.00 - $1,800.00 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Restaurant experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Serving: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fine Dining: 3 years (Preferred)
- Steakhouse: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location