Planet DDS is the leading provider of cloud-enabled dental software solutions serving over 10,000 practices in North America with over 60,000 users. The company delivers a complete platform of solutions for dental practices including Denticon Practice Management, Apteryx XVWeb Digital Imaging, and Legwork Patient Relationship Management. Planet DDS is committed to creating value for its dental practice clients by solving the most urgent challenges facing today’s dental practices in North America.
The Finance Manager position is for a high-growth software business (>30% organic annual growth). The job offers significant upside opportunity as the organization is Private Equity owned and future acquisitions are expected. This position will provide for significant exposure to senior management and will have the opportunity to both participate in due diligence as well as the integration effort for future acquisitions. This is a finance role with the opportunity to branch out operationally as the company focuses more on a metrics-driven approach and data driven analysis. The company offers a competitive compensation package with a unique bonus plan and employee benefits.
This is a hybrid role out of either our Newport Beach, CA or Phoenix, AZ offices.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Lead all financial planning, reporting and analysis processes for the company which includes the annual budget process, forecasts, projections and strategic initiatives as assigned
- Establish foundational KPI’s and metrics for the operations of the business which include subscription/ARR business (new bookings, upgrades, downgrades, churn, net retention, funnel conversion, etc.), advisory/consulting business, custom services, etc. with a focus on improving operational efficiency
- Optimize the company’s existing reporting to leverage best source information, eliminate redundancies in existing reporting and ensure consistency of reporting metrics across the company
- Establish appropriate operational priorities from a company perspective by focusing on data driven analysis
- Maintain and evolve measurement tools and reporting to assess the performance of the company
- Continuously enhance the revenue and expense forecast process based on the best available data sources and modeling techniques (MQL’s, SQL’s, sales trending, pipeline analysis, close ratios, etc.)
- For future acquisition integrations, assist with operational integration which would include methodical modification to existing processes and development of new policies and procedures for combined business
- Partners with the executive team to develop and implement strategic and long-term business plans while ensuring appropriate analytical rigor
- Acts as a financial/operational resource and adviser to the executive team and senior management
- This position will not have any direct reports for the foreseeable future as this is a newly created position
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 7+ years of experience in finance, MBA/CPA/Big 4/Salesforce.com experience a plus, not required OR 4+ years experience in investment banking and/or private equity
- Sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines with a bias towards action
- The ability to deliver a final product/deliverable with minimal direction
- The desire to utilize new technology and continuously improve internal processes
- Create and standardize consistent reporting of key performance indicators
- Exceptional analytical ability. Must have ability to turn large amounts of data into understandable, comprehensive and accurate analysis in a short period of time
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Must be a sophisticated user of Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data manipulation, etc.). Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, budgeting, financial statements and financial/operational analyses
- Ability to multi-task, operate independently and be resourceful
- The ideal candidate is a proven Financial Analyst with aspirations to become more operationally focused
- You respect and share our values
- You love working with teams of smart and driven people who are excited to solve challenging problems
- You exhibit dogged determination to get to the root of problems
- You care about best-practices and evangelizing them with the team
- You can clearly convey your thoughts, enjoy presenting what you’ve done, and can cater your message to audiences both technical and non-technical
Planet DDS Core Values
Working independently and across teams, we create scalable solutions to enable company growth.
We are educated on the experience of our customers and feel vested in their success.
We feel ownership for the quality of our work and take pride in the positive outcomes.
We operate with integrity and honesty, making promises we know that we can keep.
We are driven by our ability to make a long-term, positive impact on the lives of dental market leaders.