At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions, and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Job Role Summary
We are seeking Facilities Planning Engineers to join us in various roles within our gulf coast manufacturing locations, specifically in Beaumont, TX, Baytown, TX, and Baton Rouge, LA.
Our Senior Facilities Planning Engineers supports the site’s capital project portfolio by providing technical and leadership expertise in process design, process safety, and project / business case development. In addition to capital projects, this role provides technical mentorship for junior engineers while also supporting day-to-day operations by leading temporary facility design reviews. You will think strategically, execute thoughtfully, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations to facilitate capital investment strategies.
Successful Candidates will:
Develop process design specifications for capital projects including: heat and material balances, design flow plans, process equipment design, preliminary hydraulic balances, utility balances, process control / instrumentation, materials of construction selection, and safety facilities
- Mentor junior engineers in develop of process design specifications
- Interface with multiple functional organizations to achieve alignment on Project Objective Statement
- Provide facility input and output requirements to ensure adequate definition of safety, reliability, and operability
- Review and approve Project Design Basis with additional focus on deviations from Design Practices and Global Practices
- Supports progression of technical definition in early phases of a project ensuring proper facility design and equipment selection based on safety, suitability, availability, and field life cycle cost effectiveness
- Ensure progression of capital project portfolio is consistent with project schedule and level of technical definition appropriate with both the stage of the project and the perceived safety and economic benefits
- Lead and/or perform process optimization studies to identify or evaluate capital or operational cost savings, process configuration alternatives, safety facilities requirements, etc.
- Participate in Hazard and Operability Reviews (HAZOP) and Risk Assessment for new or modified facilities or in support of existing plant facilities
- Provides input and/or interpretations of Industry and Company standards with sound engineering logic to defend recommendations
- Participates in development of strategic vision for site
- Collaborate with applicable Process Design networks to learn / share best practices
B.S. Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 10-15 years’ of direct process design experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge and experience with process design standards
- Good engineering judgment; ability to recognize, assess, and mitigate hazards
- The ability to work in a dynamic, team environment, fostering collaboration within the organization, and also engage an individual contributor to apply safety and risk management tool
- Working knowledge in carrying out process economic evaluations
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life. We offer you:
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Long term career perspective
- Variety of benefits supporting your health & wellbeing (e.g. life insurance, private health insurance contribution, private pension fund contribution)
- Flex Your Day opportunities, providing flexibility around where and when you work
- Relocation assistance
- Programs for parents wellness elements
- Inspiring and diverse working teams
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.